Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.C.D who's here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

well good luck on yer last exam:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FS......you're all finished so early. I have C++ in an hour and another exam next Monday morning :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Originally posted by Red Alert
    nah but there's a chem here too - not sure who he/she is tho.
    oi..
    Im here to from mech eng.. look up :rolleyes:
    Who's Michael Collins?
    Im Mark btw.. the one that isnt mark smith..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Originally posted by [Iramus]
    Hi, im in first science. Im still in UCD at the mo. even though we finished on saturday. (Im stayin for the piss ups with all the arts bums)
    btw: I might know you Man u babe, and commited.
    Who do I know that you know? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

doing theoretical physics,in 3rd year.its good .hope to God i pass the exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

seamus...this is weird. we probably know each other!!!!

im in 3rd sci also(i know dataisgod) doing biochem, but i know all the comp sci nerd crowd :p thanks to people like brian, larry, etc.

you must know brian and larry (though brian's only in 2nd year)!

are u part of sci fi and fantasy soc?

i'm trying to think how you'd know me. i've got streaks in my hair. (its really long and nearly black)they used to be red but they're blonde now. and i usually sit in the seats just outside the canteen and i can be heard yelling about mostly gross stuff. and i used to complain about the 2nd & 1st years who stole our seats.

i cant believe youre in my years, this is mad.

oh and i ahve 3 exams left, if it makes u feel any better. all my stats and micro friends finished on tues and thurs and couldnt believe me when i said i'd 3 left, after this mornings one.

can't for the exams to finish.two exams left.waah hey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

howdy drowner, i just got pat to join his post is above mine :)

planck2? thats pat. hey pat. its katy!

guys i'll kill you
    i've got a dr darcy chem exam tomorrow

and dr rutliedge (gorgeous new zealand professor)
    (mmmm)

i cant believe i have 3 exams left, and everyone else is practically finished

make me feel good. tell me you've got millions left. (statistics finished on tuesday, and i still only had 5/10 exams done. how mean)

also im a bit upset about yesterdays exam. thank i might have failed it. bye bye college. twas nice knowing you :(

if its any consolation i have four left and two of them are on monday plus today's didn't go great. Dr. Darcy that the same Dr. Darcy that from the chem dept who lectured biomoleculey stuff to us this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I didn't realise there were so many Science people on the boards.
    Mneh, it'll make breaks in the science canteen more interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gorgon

Gorgon is on the list, 2nd Comp Sci Denominated Entry
    Exams are Sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Second Sci doing Chemistry, Maths and Comp sci.

Yeah Dr D'arcy who did all the biochem stuff with us.
    Why oh why didn't I pick stats instead of Comp. Eleni and Dunnion screwed us over. Talk about unpredictable!!

sykeirl> i hope your not part of the group of annoying 1st/second year students who decided to steal my seats one year

i really hope you're not part of that same group, who, when my friends and i sat down to ahve lunch beside the canteen one day, in the little group of seats beside there where the pilar is, stood around us for the whole of our lunch break and then climbed over us . i ate luch with some first years legs either side of my ears. it was pretty disturbing.

he he

Originally posted by Gaffo
    Second Sci doing Chemistry, Maths and Comp sci.

Yeah Dr D'arcy who did all the biochem stuff with us.
    Why oh why didn't I pick stats instead of Comp. Eleni and Dunnion screwed us over. Talk about unpredictable!!

Darcy's doing the second year biochem section in chemistry now is he? Murphy did that last year as a medicinal chemistry course, it was the first year it was on the course he was quite good.

Originally posted by thedrowner
    sykeirl> i hope your not part of the group of annoying 1st/second year students who decided to steal my seats one year

i really hope you're not part of that same group, who, when my friends and i sat down to ahve lunch beside the canteen one day, in the little group of seats beside there where the pilar is, stood around us for the whole of our lunch break and then climbed over us . i ate luch with some first years legs either side of my ears. it was pretty disturbing.

he he

LOL
    I think its safe to say I definitely wasn't part of that group.

I'll wave next time I see you though! ;)

hi Katy,
    got two exams left.dave put me on to this board.its class.

ah my head. sykeirl...so do you know who i am? you'll ahve to wave to me coz i ahvent a clue who u are, give me a hint

i ahve 2 exams left. had a dr darcy exam on fri monirng, and it wasnt too bad. dr darcy admits in his lectures that he wont fail anyone if he can help it. hes a good guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Heh, science nerds.

ah my head. sykeirl...so do you know who i am? you'll ahve to wave to me coz i ahvent a clue who u are, give me a hint

Nope, I dunno who you are but....

i've got streaks in my hair. (its really long and nearly black)they used to be red but they're blonde now. and i usually sit in the seats just outside the canteen and i can be heard yelling about mostly gross stuff

I'll just wave at people who look like that :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    Heh, science nerds.

What was the giveaway?

It was my avatar, right?
    :p

i am not a science nerd. i am a biochemist. only comp sci people are science nerds.

sykeirl....u a first year then? wot u studying? did you finish about 4 weeks ago like the rest of them :(

and wot do you look like and who do you hang around with and do you know brian o f' of sci fi and fantay soc fame?

Darcy's doing the second year biochem section in chemistry now is he? Murphy did that last year as a medicinal chemistry course, it was the first year it was on the course he was quite good.
    Yeah they changed the format of the papers aswell. MoreO'Farrell's stuff is now on with Sidebottom and Buckin and D'Arcy does intro to alpha-helices etc and Mike Casey does the last part of it now with drug development and polymers.
    dr darcy admits in his lectures that he wont fail anyone if he can help it. hes a good guy.
    Yeah I called up to him and he basically told me what was on the paper. Dawson does the same.

i am not a science nerd. i am a biochemist. only comp sci people are science nerds.
    and that's why you've replied so much to a thread on....... thats right, (spell it with me)a c o m p u t e r.

gaffo...i think i know u from science (someone told me i do anyway)

yeah...im in denial

its not that you use a computer that makes u nerds, its how well you're able to use it. :)

dr darcy gave me a nice paper yesterday.sure if i fail it, i'll cry and chase him with some sort of sharp inanimate object but till then...

murphy was very good. but in 3rd year you get *sigh* dr rutledge....

he he sidebottom....i always found his name nearly as funy as waghorne's

Originally posted by Gaffo
    and that's why you've replied so much to a thread on....... thats right, (spell it with me)a c o m p u t e r.

Surely that should be "a _c o m p u t er"
    _=Missing space

If you are going to be a smart ass get it right.....

</pedantic>

sykeirl....u a first year then? wot u studying? did you finish about 4 weeks ago like the rest of them :(

and wot do you look like and who do you hang around with and do you know brian o f' of sci fi and fantay soc fame?

closer to 4 years ago :p
    I'm a PD in Epi doing a collaboration in UCD.

I think I'll pass on the 3rd and 4th questions and I dunno brian O'f

Whats a PD in Epi skyeirl?

ah gaffo casey was away last year probably explaining why murphy was doing it, casey is a good lecturer alright, i though buckin and sidebottom had a fairly packed course last year IIRC so they must have changed something if they put more o'farrells stuff on it, i remember making a real stupied mistake on more o'farrells last year i will never forget it

yeah dawson stuff is alright, the only reason though you know whats on the exams is coz everything he covers in the lecture series is on the exam :)

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    Whats a PD in Epi skyeirl?

Epidemiology.

• Advertisement

yeah just about to askwhat the hell that was.

sykeirl...i saw u were at the radiohead concert last night. if u saw soene wearing a phanotmfmt shirt with her hair in 2 plaited pigtails...that wa sme. so now u know and u can say hey

.i didnt really like sidebottoms stuff, tho he's a funny guy.

Advertisement