Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turn on the 29th of may/pre messageboard drinkies

Options
  • 04-05-2003 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

well...yay turn are playing on the 29th of may

but eh...that put's a dampner on my pre-messageboard drinks evening

i've 3 suggestions.....we meet for drinks and go see the gig (i will possibly be working it as opposed to seeing it but hey...)

we go on a different night

or there's a boards.ie drinks night on the 31st we could tag along to, if they dont mind

personally...im up for option a coz its TURN!!!!!

apparantly it's the new album launch....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

No need for the angry text messages Katy!
    I might go to Turn. I might be able to get in free so if I can I'll go anyway. We could go to the boards.ie thing on the 31st aswell. Whatever! I'm kinda broke tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Curses. I haven't been to see turn since october, and i'm almost missing that unclean, covered in sweat and 95% of it isn't mine feeling that one emerges from a turn gig. But on may 29th i will be watching my liver crawl out my ear with a white flag and a banner saying no more caffeine tablets, so i'm all booked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well that makes two of us....

and i think amz is coming too.....and silverfish..and lamda promised....and so did kurdt

jeaney i never knew this many ppl loved me :)

i've been told CERTAIN people would go but these CERTAIN people have been DISALLOWED from going by CERTAIN other people

(wait...did i highlight the wrong words....)

i haven't seen turn in yonks....
    i can't wait

thats settled go see turn then.
    i wonder what their new stuff is gonna be like
    *gets excited*

sorry about the wh0ole LC thing miss M! if i could make it go away i would (even if it does mean u didnt have to go through what we went through....)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm definitely going!

Yay!

Haven't seen Turn in months and months!

Should be fandabbydozey!

Looking forward to this!

Miss Misery this time next year when you're sitting your first year college exams you'll realise what a doddle the leaving cert really is so just remember "things can only get better!!"

...wait that didn't sound convincing

Sorry!

AmZ
    xx

yes miss M
    its going to get a lot worse before it gets better!!!!

and that is when u stop getting an education!
    not that im knocking an education or anything ;p

actually u get to a point in college when you just want the exams to start so they can be behind you. you've given up hopeing that if u have an extra 2 weeks you'll miraculously learn the whole course :)

• Advertisement

At this risk of sounding like an "aul wan" I shall have to nod and add an acknowledging hmmmm.... to the drowners above post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yup im there...
    I too will also not be attending the drinkies (official) so the pre one will have to do for you all to bask in my presence....;)
    Havent seen Turn since Paddys weekend... jumpin on little kids mwah haha!!

Hmmm i have no concept of dates anymore.. brain fried... damn you Le Corbusier!!!
    Anyway, yes I am going to the official drinks....
    You know what? The months June and July are too similar sounding and lead to confusion. I hereby put forward the idea that we change to the Discworld calendar and henceforth June shall be Grune.
    Thank you for your time

I second that motion

This is Turn's album launch and is an all ages gig

Tickets priced €15

should be a larff!

• Advertisement

so there's 3 of us deifnately going!

im cool with that :)

lamda-good idea. i think we should call june lune or loon.

Ah ha ha three of us partyin the night away! And why not?!?!
    Erm Clintron is coming aswell.. so thats 4. And i'd say Gump may honour us with his presence.. that is unless his Turn obsession has been completely erased by Kim Wilde- the Temptress!!!!

Loon sounds good to me.. so long as it doesnt start with a J... whos stupid idea was two months beside each other both starting with J?? LUNACY!!

Oh drowner... your signature... thats my favourite Smiths lyric!!
    I was just thinking about that today! Conicidence???

Yeh woo for Turn gig!! I have so much pent up energy if I don't get out soon I may explode... Cant wait!!
    Now for some more study! Hurrah!!!:D

well...daniel will be at the concert (dunno if he's coming for the drinks) i presume deirdre will come, and kurdt too. and sandi, and wacker's coming.....

tis a great smiths song

i wanted a really witty sig and it was the closest thig i coud think of at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Torque

If A.M. buys my ticket I want to go but she wont bring me to a pub before hand or afterwards!

Big Sisters Pfft!

Loopy

awww
    i know you

me and kurdt and daniel made you laugh outside of whelans

we were talking abut human plugged in basses

(funny that....i saw a real life amplified human on saturday...goes by the name of laurie anderson)

Loopy is actually my littler apparently computer literate younger brother!

He's a bit of a Turn fan but also has the idea that as such he should be allowed follow me everywhere should he come to this event...

Arg!

I could get David (the laughing brother to come and babysit Loopy while I get langered??!)

Advertisement