Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess who i met last night!!!!

Options
  • 04-05-2003 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

oh my goodness....i served drinks to lou reed

LOU REED!!!!!!

anyone else met anyone super famous?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Jaysus, I thought it might have been someone worth meeting! Kidding babe! Good for you. My claim to fame is meeting Huey from the Fun Lovin' Criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

good for you! next time ask him to buy you one, he's made enough money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Frank Black - twice
    J. Mascis
    Dave Grohl
    The Strokes
    Lets not forget GLEN HANSARD EEK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

when you say Dave Grohl i hope you mean the guy who works in lemon in town or i have no case. my god he looks so, so much like mr Grohl that he has to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Christ! I know the guy of which you speak!

A bizarre resemblance!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ian Dempsey stood on my foot and Eamonn Dunphy bought me a pint.

I don't get out much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

In Cape Cod Massachuttes i met none other than Tackleberry from Police Academy.

I **** you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Ok, here goes, all of the below I met BEFORE I was a Phantom DJ:

All of Aerosmith
    All Of Simple Minds
    Bono
    Edge
    Gavin Friday
    Stephen Rea
    All of The Stranglers (inc Hugh Cornwell)
    Glen Tilbrook and Chris Difford from Squeeze

and in service for Phantom FM, I've got to interview:

Andy Cairns from Therapy
    Conway Savage from The Bad Seeds
    JJ Burnel from The Stranglers
    Jake Burns From SLF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Went to see the Vines last night then fast taxi to Whelans and guess who turned up arond 1am.....

Craig Nicholls. Pretty quiet guy as opposed to his demeanour on stage, but very very cool haircut....groovy ba$tard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by thedrowner
    oh my goodness....i served drinks to lou reed

LOU REED!!!!!!
    anyone else met anyone super famous?

Oh my goodness indeed!! WOW! SO jealous!!!

I am scared of famous people...
    BUT Ray Darcy walked by me last week.... wanted to mob him but well one crazy girl does not constitute a mob really....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

sometimes I stop and talk to Pat Ingoldsby on Westmoreland St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

More people should stop and talk to Pat, every day this country get's madder and he begins to seem more normal.

That should never be allowed to happen, we need quirkey people to keep us on the straight and narrow. RTE TV went downhill rapidly when they gave up 'Pat's Hat'.

Next time you're passing, buy one of his poetry books.

Ger Roe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

i was backstage at foo fighters, and met the band

i bought chad smith a drink after his drum workshop when they played last july......

and I played poker with Incubus (i kid you not)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I sat behind Charlie McCreevy on a Ryanair journey from Manchester to Dublin. He smelt of wee :p

I half-met Adam Clayton in some pub few years ago. I was pissed. He was small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

hmm, met quite alot, most of them i dont even remember being a fan of. I have a habit of being brutally honest with famous people. i felt bad last year when the singer from hundred reasons looked like he was gonna cry when we started slagging him and saying they sound a bit too much like at the drive-in.

im quite proud of meeting eddie vedder and jeff ament in 2000.
    one of the funnier ones was meeting all of Blondie last december and getting my friend to chat up debbie harry.
    i always end up in strange situations at witnness in the vip. most fo the bands are really friendly in there, we got a big football game goin last year with loads of the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I made a tit of myself in front of Tommy Tiernan once.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Would you believe I've never met anyone famous. Closest I've ever come ar the girl I know who's mum is Mary Kavanagh, my brothers are good mates of the (ex) drummer for PictureHouse, and my other brother got me tony cascarino's autograph :D

Oh, and I once spent 15 seconds talking to Marian Finucane in work..........

Bizarre I've never actually met anyone remotely famous.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The closest Ive come to meeting a famous person is when Gerry Adams came to our colege I was so suprised I forgot how much I hated the bastard and didnt punch him like ive always wanted to he had a few people with him anyway so I would probably have got the **** kicked out of me there and then and then neecaped the next time I went down a dark lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Well, liam neeson and aidan quinn said hi to me when i was 9, but i didn't know who they were and my parents told me not to talk to strangers so i ran away (they were filming Michael Collins near my house). My friends and i have repeatedly drunkenly harassed Damien Rice. I have stood on both Gavin Fox and Mark Greaneys toes (one was intentional, one wasn't). David Holmes walked past me last week (and i think Pete Reed was standing beside me at the time). Oh and my friends followed Johnny Rhys Myers round tower last week while i watched embarrased from the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    I sat behind Charlie McCreevy on a Ryanair journey from Manchester to Dublin. He smelt of wee :p

I half-met Adam Clayton in some pub few years ago. I was pissed. He was small.

I'm sorry Mr. Douchbag, but unless he helped you 'shake off the dribble' standing beside him at the urinal does NOT count as even half meeting him :D

I on the other hand 1/19th met him the exact same night, in that I stood about 19 people away from him :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I met Huey in Eamon Dorans. I was drunk and he was waiting to use the toilet after me. I walked out and remember being very confused, he said "even us famous people gotta go". I remember wanting to comment but i wasnt that drunk!

Witnness 2002- All of the dandy warhols except for Courtney Taylor Taylor walked past Me, Lamda, Velma, Kurdt, Clintron, and Kurdt's girlfriend-cant remember her name.

A guy from Ian Brown's band was getting high in front of me in the VIP area

We stalked Mundy in Kerry (what else is there to do there?)

Im very jealous of whoever meet Blondie- I love that woman.

We should make this into a who do u wanna meet before you are DEAD thread. I'll go first

Debbie Harry
    Kim Wilde (love her gardening skills)
    Courtney Taylor Taylor (and Ms Love for that matter)
    Tori Amos
    David Bowie

hmmm, there are plenty more but im not greedy.

Im going to be selfish and add Polly Jean Harvey to the list, but only if she is wearing her pink cat suit, in which case I would go up and compliment her on her fashion sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I'm sorry Gump but none of those count except for Huey...
    Seeing does not equal meeting. And perhaps Mundy... stalking seems legitimate.
    I too would like to meet Courtney (Taylor not Love) for obvious reasons.... especially if he was rockin his leather trousers:D

And are you forgetting that we meet Polly Jean every day in UCD???

Are u forgetting i said only PJ in her catsuit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

I (like most of Dublin) met Chris 'Party boy' Pontius when they were over for the Jackass premiere, bloody nice guy, very quiet and un-assuming, not anything like he is on t.v.

Marty 'Party boy' Whelan lives across the road from me aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

originally posted by GerK
    I'm sorry Mr. Douchbag, but unless he helped you 'shake off the dribble' standing beside him at the urinal does NOT count as even half meeting him

I on the other hand 1/19th met him the exact same night, in that I stood about 19 people away from him
    Hey Frinky, where the hell was that anyhoo? Some gig, i can't remember. And he wanted to help me shake but i told him i wasn't into that sort of thing. You on the other hand ... ;)

PM me about the work you got down the docks ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

Will Smith
    Henry Winkler
    Drummer from Counting Crows (what the hell is his name?)
    Ben Affleck
    Ben Stein
    Boyz II Men (actually sang with them!)
    Bobby McFerrin
    Philip Glass
    Michael Stipe
    Apres Match folks
    Bill Clinton (duh)

Bobby McFerrin was by far the coolest. The man is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by LA_girl
    Henry Winkler

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hey hey

apres match folk! i believe i was repsonsible for that

barry paid for me taxi home one night

yeah....sorry but the jackass guys are ****....(met them too....)(had to clean up after them)

ian...get lost and stop hijacking my thread! make your own who do u want to meet before u die thread!
    this is about people you have met :P
    and ive met LOU REED!!!!!

(sorry....but lou reed)

i met the prodigy before. and **** bands liek stereophonics, space, catatonia

my ex-friend (goodness that sounds so childish) asked mark lamarr to sign her tampon and all i could do was whimper at what she said to my idol at the time

damon kind-can't believe u met tackleberry!!!!:p :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

feckin hell

that wasnt where i was trying to put the three smiley faces!!!!

sorry damon kind....i'm not slaggin u meeting tackleberry
    i would love to meet him

i was trying to slag gump...

Advertisement