Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess who i met last night!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

That was 30 messages ago drowner; move with the times. this thread is now about DEATH AND DESIRE, i.e. desire to meet someone famous before u die , not a combination of death and desire-nobody wants that!

Anyway to conclude Who do u wanna meet, other then Lou Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I recently met Matt Groening, Hugh Jackman and Kirsten Hirsch,

I would love to meet Wolfgang Peterson, Stan Lee, Josh Homme and Mohammed Ali amongst others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 saralee

I met Placebo's singer Bryan once-in London (actually snogged him!)
    It was a party and PJ Harvey was at it too, but I didn't actually talk to her, just saw her accross the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

dum dee dum - id love to meet Pat Kenny before I die

*just gotta work on a set for the late late*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Matt Johnson from The The
    Siouxsie and Budgie from the Banshees
    Ian McCulloch from the Bunnymen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'd like to meet the Pope before I die, just to ask him if he shíts in the woods. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Jack charlton

check out my quest on my signature,from pretzel logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

that's nothing. i was once on Liveline with Joe Duffy talking about B*Witched no less. and Gareth O'Callaghan lives near a girl i know.

starlet, i think you should win a prize. i am in awe! Joe Duffy is my hero. sure, sure, yeah, yeah, sure :)

we had a man on from Clontarf.....what a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

we had a woman on from terenure.....but she's got 8 sisters in clontarf. now this woman in ternure, has lost her lower lip as it got stuck to a role of selotape...

love apres match

ian-bite me

amz-did you really meet matt groening, and hugh jackman....HOW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

I met Liam & Noel, in Cork before the Pairc Ui Caoimh gig, '96. And despite what you might think of them and their music, they are both very down to earth, nice blokes.
    I also met Thelma Mansfield in a wet dream, phwooooarr!!! :D

Two words

London Babeh!!

I believe she was talking to me and taking it very seriously i may add!

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i met gerry adams in belfast a few years ago... he seems like a nice guy...

Jaze i nearly forgot. I met that guy off the Power City ads on telly!!! Well I used to work in the same place as him. Very hard to keep a straight face talkin to him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

i went to the belly aftershow party a few years ago in london i was with my girlfriend audrey who was the singer with sheer at the time..we were in the hotel bar when in walked michael stipe and the rest of rem..i had to say hello when i got to him my mind went blank,and iasked him for an autograph ,the minute i asked him i knew i ****ed up,he said he doesent do autographs but hell shake my hand,off i went knowing i just made an ass of myself...5 mins later hes at the bar scopping where to sit ,he then comes over to where me and audrey were sittting and sits down,he lowers his head with his cap on and doesent say a world for what seemed like ages..finally audrey breakes the silence by saying your michael stipe...you sing like a girl...horror oh the horror what did she say...stipe lifts his head ,this really death looking face with eyeliner on and says.....thank you very much thats the nicest thing anybodys said to me in a while.....so if you meet michael stipe tell him he singa like a girl....mick

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

I met Tony Mortimer from East 17 when I lived in London.
    nnnnJealous?
    nnnnYou're jealous

i know i am!!! wow!! however i think i'd be even more impressed (were it possible) if you'd met Peter Cunnah from D:Ream. things really CAN only get better. never come across Bitty McLean, have you?

sorry......what????

couldn't make head nor tail of that!

• Advertisement

I think she means she's jealous...

Mr Gump who are you talking to???

i think he's talking to me amz!
    he he
    i believe u 2 have met also, by the way

I was refering to Raggamuffins comment.

Yeah we met briefly at a Turn gig methinks!

Ah I have Raggamuffin on my ignore list that's why I didnt know who he was talkin to hehe!

The only disadvantage to it!

has NOBODY else ever heard of Bitty McLean bar me and the blokes from Rock Profile? i do look quite the fool now :o

Ah yeah Bitty Mclean did Forever Be Mine

THANK you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

i met packie bonner when i was a kid -the man is still a god to me.

interviewed turn for my college newspaper, which was great (not least cos they gave me beer!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Saw Ollie from turn in the Ilac centre.The next week was on the Dublin bus from Cavan looked up and there he was gettin off in front of me....mmm...the wonders of it all.Met ALL of Berkeley in the one day.Anyway.Here's a list:

Amen:Leed 2002, Temple Bar last week
    Hundred Reasons: Colin, Witnness
    Finch:Temple bar
    Ash:had a wee chat with Tim in the middle of their set in Temple Bar
    Blood Brothers:Temple Bar about a month ago
    Cave-In:Saw them when I was taping Berkeley in Whelan's.Petty I couldn't spit that far.
    Shay Given:Rock Hill 10k in Letterkenny.
    NOFX:Well fat Mike landed on my brothers head at Leeds.....

God I'm past squeezin every drop I can outta this.byebyebye.

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

tis a bit nonsensical the way fat mike is called fat mike i know fatter michaels but they dont play aswell as fat mike, in fact he has to be one of the best punk musicians ever,i bloody hate punk and i hate fat mike,yes i know i sound like two people but i am really one.

hmm hmm

John martyn replied to one of my requests
    i shouted "jelly roll blues"
    he replied in a very angry voice "ill get to it"

poor guy,he was so pissed that night he had to sit down for the first couple of songs,but hes a living legend so all is forgiven.
    i also met alan thomson that night(hes the bass player) i rushed up to him and said
    "how did you that harmonic thingy were you changed the note by sliding down the string without plucking it" if that makes no sense i swear he did it i saw and heard with my own two eyes and hearing devices. he replied "twenty years of practice",what a great guy and what a great musician

Advertisement