Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fourm Sugestion:

Options
  • 04-05-2003 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

I don't know if this idea has been floated before, At least I haven't come accross it but what do you guys think of a Service Complants Board

this is a topic that is very close to my heart as I just got my PC working well over a year after purchasing it From OverClockers and in the end I had to buy a new Mother board cause I returned the one I got from them and They didn't do anything (No replaecment, no refund, nothing) I envision a board where we plebs can post up our disssatification at verious companys whose sail's support is sorely lacking and others can then take heed of our mistakes and avoid such companies.

perehaps this is too much of a dream but maybe some of the companies might even take note and make moves to improve their service or even make amends with the agrived party(s)

anyway comments, sugestions, insults? please let me know what you think.

((Yes I know it would have to be fairly harsly moderated to keep it from developing into a Libal case but I belive this comunity could use it properly with a little guidance))
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I think the way things are now works best.

e.g;
    - People complaining about Vodafone go to the Wireless board,
    - Complaints about AMD's latest CPU go to HW / Modding board..
    - Etc.

It allows more people who have an interest in the particular subject to view the complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

I would prefer to have a centralised board, not for complaning about products but for complants about the service and support provided (Or not) by these companies, having a centralised board would do two things:

1) create a list of boggie companies that are known to give grief so that they can be compaired and contrasted.

2) allow mods on other boards to get rid of potental flame posts about how ErrorCom SuX ectra, so they could concentrate on posts that are asking for advice or help.

I see this board as a kind of therpy for digruntled people like my self who would love to vent so that others could simpthyse and avoid making the same mistake.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Um, it would be libel-central... I'm not sure I want to get in the middle of that court case. I think complaints (which are also dear to my heart) might be better off in their individual areas where they are likely to be seen by people who may have also had such problems.... I could be convinced otherwise but thats my current thinking...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Akin to a medical board then.

Advertisement