Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Season...

• 04-05-2003 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the summer season is rapidly approaching, I was just wondering if there are any other BBQ fans out there.

If so....has anyone got any killer recipes (or just techniques) they'd like to share?

jc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

See my thread down below for my fathers technique.

Yum though, can't beat a bit o' barby. mmm garlic bread in tin foil, chicken marinated in honey,soy sauce, pepper, thick wodgy burgers, maybe a corncob, tatties, spittened mushrooms, calamity baked beans, ruffled peppers, can't beat a bit o' barby.

On a side note I just spent ?120 on food for this week, that's the most I've ever spent methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I love BBQs. My fave meat to have BBQ'd is gammon. Sooooo good.
    Also, if you like bananas, here's something worth a go:
    Open the banana and take it out of the skin. Put it in a piece of tinfoil with the chocolate of your choice and wrap it up and put it on the BBQ. (Needless to say, the chocolate melts over the banana and it's all yummy!)
    I did this with a Cadbury's Top Deck (can you still get those?) and it was well tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just stick to high meat content burgers/sausages, get some tasty sauces (Sharwoods do some great stuff) and you're fine.

I'm a fan of the simple things. A massive home made burger, a slice of cheese, plenty of BBQ/Tomato/Chilli sauce, between some crispy toasted buns. Add in large chunks of chicken and garlic dip, and I'll never leave! At least, until it runs out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 loveheartsandnicotine

Originally posted by bonkey
    Seeing as the summer season is rapidly approaching, I was just wondering if there are any other BBQ fans out there.

If so....has anyone got any killer recipes (or just techniques) they'd like to share?

jc

Try this, it works with chicken. pork and fish fillets.
    To every lb of whatever meat you are cooking use 6 teaspoons of sharwoods chile dipping sauce and 2 of dark soy sauce....just brush it over the meat and keep basting it as its cooking. This is great with peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onion on skewers.
    If you like garlic then try cooking a whole garlic bulb (it can go on when the bbq is warming up as it needs longer)when its cooked through its very sweet, just divide it after its cooked and let the individual squeeze it out on the plate..it a really great taste with bbq meat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

mmmmm bbq...

my fav is skewered chicken kebabs.

all you gotta do is get about 10 chickens, de-breast them, slice em up, put the chichen on wooden skewers and make up a few different sauces to marinate them in (sweeet chilli, peanut satay, thai herby paste thing), stick em on the grill and youre away.

Advertisement