Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM'ing multiple recipients

Options
  • 04-05-2003 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

And by that I do not mean - to alter the time of purchase on ones receipts to say that you bought the product at night as opposed to before mid-day.

How would one send a pm of the same pm to many people apart from creating buddies?

As this is in the feedback/suggestion board I suggest that this be possible if it is not possible at this present moment in time (which happens to be pm not am).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think that post would have made more sense if you'd assumed that we knew what you meant to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm going to assume Gordon meant:

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could send a PM to more than one person at the same time? Like you can with mobile phones by selecting a group of friends. Or on the e-merge/vodafone.ie text message page! Is there an existing method we can use to do this??

(actually, that's what he meant - couldn't read it any other way)

I also assume that's what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by sceptre
    I'm going to assume Gordon meant:

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could send a PM to more than one person at the same time? Like you can with mobile phones by selecting a group of friends. Or on the e-merge/vodafone.ie text message page! Is there an existing method we can use to do this??

(actually, that's what he meant - couldn't read it any other way)
    Ya, I've found myself wanting this a few times. I was thinking do it like email, where you put commas between each name, but then realised it wouldn't be long before someone decided to see what would happen if they put a couple of thousand names into the recipient box, and gave regi a coronary.

So do it like vodafone webtext, with 5 boxes, one for each recipient. If you're going to do it.....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, sorry for confusion. sceptre is right as always. ecksor I don't get your first reply btw, can you dumb it down for me? :p

In other news I just made up this joke 5 minutes ago:
    A sofa says to an armchair - "You're cute". The armchair says "Aww, you're suite".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Mass-PM'ing..

I can smell the spam already..

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I can't see a reason why you'd need mass pming. PM is just that, a private message.

If you're going to inform a group of people of something... there's the forums.

Well there is already a way of mass pm'ing ie- to your buddies. It's just that one has to create the buddies in the first place. I've only once had to mass pm to non-buddies but more than rarely mass pm to my buddies who are the relative mods on the board I mod.

Anyway just a suggestion.

let us bake...

In what situations have you needed to do that though?

To thank some boards users for a private reason, I have not their email addresses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement