Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Gig to play in Dublin?

• 04-05-2003 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Where's your preffered venue to play?

I'd have to tie it between Whelans and TBMC (on a well attended night) with honurable mentions to JJ Smyths and The International Bar.

Never had a bad experience in Whelans. Mono wasn't too bad either when they let scum like us play there"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Havent played TBMC yet, im still waitin for you Gigsmart swines to put us on;) joking. I loved Playing Whelans though i enjoyed The Tivoli too. I like playing Dorans too, i dunno why just a bit of history really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

TBMC is really good on packed nights, plus the cool back stage area hehe
    .good stage, nice sound setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Well I agree with you: TMBC is brilliant when it's packed and you really feel like *on stage* there... ;) The sound can get a bit rough sometimes tho. Whelan's is cool too.

The lovers of Indie and Lo-Fi would like the Lower Deck, check www.ballroomofromance.com - Very nice atmosphere and an audience that *actually* listens to you, I really enjoyed our gig there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 polemical

PLAYED TBMC AND WHELAN'S. BOTH EXCELLENT VENUES TO PLAY, BUT THE SUGAR CLUB IS THE BEST. I H-ACTUALLY LOVED PLAYING THERE. DEADLY SOUND AND REAL CLASSY PLACE. EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE FOR US SAID IT WAS THE BEST VENUE WE'VE PLAYED. i CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH.

Originally posted by polemical
    PLAYED TBMC AND WHELAN'S. BOTH EXCELLENT VENUES TO PLAY, BUT THE SUGAR CLUB IS THE BEST. I H-ACTUALLY LOVED PLAYING THERE. DEADLY SOUND AND REAL CLASSY PLACE. EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE FOR US SAID IT WAS THE BEST VENUE WE'VE PLAYED. i CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH.
    Where is it exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

best: sugar club, whelans and the village.

worst: DA2, isaac butts.

Originally posted by kirn
    worst: DA2, isaac butts.
    True for DA2, isaac butts is not that bad tho... nothing like Whelan's of course but the PA is good. It depends a lot of the night too: Dave Allen's Sunday Sessions aren't bad at all and NOT pay-to-play like "some" other ones....... which are definitely crap and must be avoided at all cost*

*pricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by Morello
    True for DA2, isaac butts is not that bad tho... nothing like Whelan's of course but the PA is good. It depends a lot of the night too: Dave Allen's Sunday Sessions aren't bad at all and NOT pay-to-play like "some" other ones....... which are definitely crap and must be avoided at all cost*

*pricks

i found it an unpleasant experience.
    from the rude gothy bargirl upstairs to the rude doorman and manager downstairs.
    plus all that play in issac butts unfortunately are usually crap bands with 'we're on the way up' attitudes...
    our band played there a few times and i basically didn't like the experience. i've also heard stories about the butts rescheduling dates without asking.
    DA2 is just a kip with crap sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 polemical

Sugar Club is down the road from the Institute in town. Leeson street i think.

Advertisement