Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best and the quietest!

• 05-05-2003 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

'ello all,

I'm due an upgrade and am considering a XP Barton 2500, mobo and CPU heatsink/fan and 512mg of ram.

So, now I ask ye guys (seeing as all I know about these days is Solaris hardware :( ) ....

What is the best performer, stability and functionality motherboard out there? (looking to go for a 400mhz bus)

Whats the fastest, cheapest Pc3200 memory out there?

What is the quietest most effective cpu heatsink and fan out there which doesnt cost the earth? I have a copper thermaltake Heatsink, so a 60mmx60mm fan would be fine if possible.

I am a believer in quietness after suffering a few months of a Delta 6800rpm screamer :(

I know ye guys know and this is why i ask,

Thanks again!
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

the Asus A7N8X Delux is a good board, lots and lots of features. Dunno about quiet heatsinks, its something i need to invest in myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I think the abit NF7-s is a good board have it meself ,no problems with it.
    I would go with the TwinMoss 3200 Cl2.5 it runs at 215 CL2 for me so its worth the money, its also cheapert than Corsair.
    For a heatsink you could go with a SLK800 and a quiet fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

I'd probally go for the Asus A7N8X too, because I find Asus reliable.
    I think the psu is the loudest conponent, I have an Ultra-Quiet power supply unit 400W, its actually only slightly quieter that my old 340W, I should have gotten the 300W version.
    Maybe get some of those acoustic materials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

if you have the budget, and patience, why not go watet cooled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Thanks so far all!

I love the idea of watercooling, but unfortunately do not have the money for same. :(

Anyone got any ideas on the quiest 60mm x 60mm fan available also ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement