Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P800 dead,where can I send for repair?

• 05-05-2003 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I dropped my P800 about an hour ago, and the screen is now dead. There is no external damage to the phone but when I turn it on all I get is a couple of blurred lines. I've contacted sonyericsson in the Uk and asked where I can send for repair. I realise it will more than likely have to go back to the UK, purchased it from Mhone in January, anyone havew any ideas where it has to be sent to?(P800 still hasnt been released in Ireland yet, so theres no way the usual suspects will try and repair). Also what are the actual costs of this, even though its guaranteed for the year, am I going to have to pay for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi talla, you find anywhere to fix this up locally? did you try the Telephone Centre (8722542 / 6776655)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

hi Brian,
    Yeh sonyericsson uk told me to send it off to Sigmar(phonefix) in Finglas. Doubt they will be able to do anything with it ans they'll have to send it off to the UK, sending it off tomorrow.
    Cheers anyway,
    Talla

hope it gets back to you soon - at least they should update the firmware too (small consolation though)

BrianG.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

On a similar note .. friend of mine left a Nokia 9210 into Sigma yesterday to get servived .. They Quoted €326.54 before any work was done on it ..

Dub , you dont know if ther is anyone else can service these units ?

there is a place called Communicaid out in the Southern Cross Business Park Bray who would be a major Nokia Service Centre (The Telephone Centre on Dawson St referred me to them once but they were too far out for me)

The Mobile Phone Repair Centre out in Sandyford could be another option

if the problem isn't covered under the warranty - the cost of the repair will depend on the damage - so what parts are needed to fix it and the labour intensiveness of the task

hth,
    BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

The Mobile Phone Repair Centre would probably forward the 9210 to Communicaid as they don't service this model themselves.

€326.54 sounds a bit alarming. :eek: I'd be interested to hear what other quotes your friend gets.

Advertisement