Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bands playing popular theme music

Options
  • 05-05-2003 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

im looking for bands that play popular theme music during their gigs or on their albums as secret rare tracks, etc.

for example, the ramones did the cover of the Spiderman theme tune complete with ruff lyrics. great stuff, and system of the down singing the joyful legend of zelda theme tune. "now link, he come to town, come to save, the princess zelda .... " and so on. you get my point.

i remember a band i knew on the dublin circuit used to break into the cadbury's chocolate song during their gigs. the flakiest chocolate in the world bit, quite different from the rest of the set they played.

anyone know any more bands playing theme music?

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

I saw a band called Watercress from Northern Ireland who used to play the Only Fools and Horses theme at their gigs, but they broke up recently. Shame, they were quite good. I think they used to tour with Ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I recommend posting this on the Gigsmart Forum

A band called Mike Got Spiked (formerly Fingermouse) do a medley of theme tunes in their set. A fantastic band, probably the best rock band in Dublin I dare say!

www.mikegotspiked.com (otherwise leave a post for them in the open mike area of the gigsmart discussion board at www.gigsmartireland.com/forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The Wildhearts do a version of The Cheers Theme song live And theres the band "Me First And the Gimme Gimmes" who ONLY do covers of old songs and themes, they are excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Crown - Speed Of Darkness

Halfway through the song they break out into the Knightrider theme!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just HAS to be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yo la tengo - simpson's theme ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well there is a version of mr bungle playing the theme from super mario brothers and it's bloody brilliant

they also did a star wars theme cover but it wasn't as good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    The Crown - Speed Of Darkness

Halfway through the song they break out into the Knightrider theme!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just HAS to be heard.

There's a lad here at work who's quite fond of playing some Bhangra remix of Knightrider. It's pretty awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sonic Youth have also done a version of the Simpsons theme.

Advertisement