Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 05-05-2003 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    I've Irishwisp at the moment its 512k & so far I have found it very unstable & I suffer from a lot of packetloss. I'm big into online gaming so i am looking to avoid packetloss & the unstability. I've had the connection for 3 months now & i'm on the verge of going back to a 56k :mad:
    Could anyone with IBB let me know what they think of their connection & is it any good for multiplayer games. I would also like to know do IBB use Eircom as their backbone provider till it leaves the country?

(as far as downloading goes Irishwisp are ok)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

IBB was bad for the last 3 weeks or so, but it has been getting better, slowly but surely.

IBB use Colt telecom for their bandwidth AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

IBB are a tier two provider.

they are directly linked to the data centre i n (cant remember tha location, but afaik it is the place that the massive fat connection cable across the atlantic goes into, before it goes to england)

one of the IBB bosses said he went out to it, and their are literally ROOMS filled with cat5's each with 2mb uncontented bandwidth on em. basterds, wasting such bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

AFAIR some of the wireless providers use Data Electronic's Group data centre for connectivity. Not sure which, but i know some of them were in there.

Paul

Advertisement