Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap poor service

Options
  • 05-05-2003 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

has anyone had problems with leap recently?

in the past few weeks the service as been shody to say the least, the service has been up & down more times then a good old fat slappers knickers, in the past 3 days the connection has been down over 48 hours...now i wouldn't mind this if it was a once off but it keeps happening..... I've contacted Leap & to be honest they weren't too bothered by it.... I suppose if your only a residential customer they couldn't give two hoots.....they explained to be that i don't have a service level agreement with them...but surely if your paying for a always on connection you should be getting it not a half arsed connection.....jez they charge enough for it anyhow.... sorry to rant , but they are really starting to peev me off.

Can anyone else relate to this or do I really need a holiday? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've come across a few posts about leap being not-so-great. It seems customer service isn't the best either. Hopefully it's only teething problems, but if they're already spouting 'no service level agreement' at you then maybe you'd be better served elsewhere.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

the problem is there is no one else....I checked the rest....IBB,wisp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

I am very sorry but: Why is it just me?
    I simply can't understand what problems do you have with the leap customer service.....

I have leap now for 2 months.

Everytime I have problem I drop a mail or call the support and there is a VERY fast response.

Why just me? For my understanding the leap customer care is very good.

Unfortunately I can't say that about the service for last 6 weeks.

I was connected to the RTE Tower.
    6 weeks ago they have changed the frequencies on the tower("interferences") and started that time I had nearly everyday downtimes (resets of the aperto-device), the last two weeks there where complete days down.

Yesterday a technician showed up, mounted a better antenna (higher output) and connected me to 3rock.
    And until now it works fine (except of the pings... daytime: 150ms evening 80ms to jolt.co.uk is still not very good, they have to do something about that issue).

It seems that they have massive problems with the RTE Tower.

But... as I said before: the customer service is ok.

By the way: 3rock is 12km distance line of sight !
    I am located in Clontarf.... I wonder why they where not able to connect me again to the RTW Tower (only 5km distance).

Maybe I should ask them.... ;-))

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 romi

Hi,I'm on the three rock transmitter,since 8 pm tonight I am down,anyone else having problems or might the problem be on my side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Originally posted by jow
    Yesterday a technician showed up, mounted a better antenna (higher output) and connected me to 3rock.
    And until now it works fine (except of the pings... daytime: 150ms evening 80ms to jolt.co.uk is still not very good, they have to do something about that issue).

It seems that they have massive problems with the RTE Tower.

But... as I said before: the customer service is ok.

By the way: 3rock is 12km distance line of sight !
    I am located in Clontarf.... I wonder why they where not able to connect me again to the RTW Tower (only 5km distance).

Maybe I should ask them.... ;-))

jow

I can only imagine the RTE tower has more strong microwave crap coming out of it interfering w/ leap, plus IBB are on the same tower..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 romi

Great stuff,everything back to normal!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Originally posted by David C
    I can only imagine the RTE tower has more strong microwave crap coming out of it interfering w/ leap, plus IBB are on the same tower..

IBB are on 2.4gig, leap 5.something. So they
    shouldn't interefere with each other. God knows what else is on that tower though :)

I get a completely consistant 29-30 ping for my first hop to the rte tower with leap. Not amazing, but very reliable, so they don't seem to be having interference issues in my direction :)

Greg

Advertisement