Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get this for a line-up...

• 05-05-2003 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Tiz the final College Chaos gig of the year and we've got an amazing line-up for you.

The Republic of Loose (formerly Johnny Pyro & the Rock Coma)
    Sundogs
    The Al Capone Suite
    &
    Tenderhoox
    - there will be acoustic acts on in the side room)

Temple Bar Music Centre
    Wednesday May 14th
    Beer Promotion
    Doors 7.30pm, music starts @ 8pm
    Free in before 9pm, €5 after 9pm - all proceeds go to charity.

Hope to see some of you there despite a lot of you being in the middle of exams!
    Sandi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

he he

why did johnny pyro change their name and when?
    i'd love to go but if i fail my exams i'm out of an honours college degree :(

i'll be there in spirit. doing biostatistics in the background....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I'm sure the band will release a big explanation as to why they had to change their name. It's not up to me to explain!
    Pity you can't come. You'll be missing a really great night out but passing exams so you don't get kicked out of college is more important! Best o' luck hun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

The simple reason is too many people were confusing Mik, lead vocals, with Johnny Pyro. If you read the biog issued for Johnny Pyro & The Rock Coma you will see that Johnny is an arsonist who only the Pyro brothers can see.

http://www.johnnypyro.com/biog.html

Johnny got really p***ed off with this and insisted that we change the name.

Hence - Republic of Loose.

We're all in this together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Nooo! Big horrible announcement! The Republic of Loose are no longer able to play on the 14th. The lead singer strained his voice at the gig in Dorans last Friday and was advised not to sing for 3 weeks. :(
    In their place will be (headlining): Jamie and Carl, aka "A Right Pair of ****". This pair are gonna do an acoustic set on the main stage with a load of 80s covers that everyone loves singing along to. They've played all our gigs so far and they're really good fun. Even more so when you've had a few and the inner singer in people longs to come out!
    Sorry to disappoint anyone looking forward to seeing the Republic of Loose but these things happen. It'll be a great night anyway.
    Sandi xxx

Advertisement