Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many choices............

Options
  • 05-05-2003 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

So it comes down to this which should I get.

PS2, Game Cube or Xbox?

Anyone own all three of these? Feedback?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ok so i got a ps2 and its catching dust , i got final fantasy x , gta vice city , teekn 4 , You get really bored of vice city after a while .

X box doesnt have many games but its already going online.

Gamecubes got Monkey ball2, zelda (also oracine of time), capcom vs snk eo etc , also cheap.

go for ps2 if u like alot of games and uve got the money .
    Or cube if not .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It really comes down to a cube or a PS2. The xbox has got no games that are essential to a collection and consist of Halo, soulless american sports and action games, and games that are good but on all the other consoles.

Get a cube if you don't have much money to spend on games. It has less Quality games but the good games are usually exceptional. If you say you don't like nintendo games then you are lying.

However the PS2 has much more great games and if you can afford most of them then get the PS2. If you like RPGs then this is the console of choice especially if you can afford to chip it.

Personally I'd go for the PS2 first but if you really want a cube then you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Id go for cube or PS2, look under the "best console" thread.... lots of info there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

ignore goo. he just humps his cube...:rolleyes:

I have a ps2, and will be getting a cube. The ps2 is cool. i just want a cube for change, i want the mario days back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The only way to decide is to look at the exclusive games they all have and choose which ones interest you more.
    Obviously longevity is a big deal too. You know that if you get the Playstation it will have games released for quite a while but, Gamecube is cheapest and smallest and has a great joypad. Whatever floats your boat, find friends or acquaintances that own them and give 'em a whirl before you dive into it.

• Advertisement

What is the playability of gc games like actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I can't say I know what you mean by that, elaborate?

I mean whats the playability like? Do they keep u entertained for a long time or do u get bored of the theme etc quick?

Whats the price like for gc games too? Is it much cheaper than ps2?

Advertisement