Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What drugs have you taken?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

whats the story morning glory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Originally posted by Typedef
    whats the story morning glory

story is they are available in woodies and tescos right now. get em before they are out of season. heavenly blues are best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sketch

I smoke hash everyday
    I drink every other day
    i take yokes at the weekend
    have snorted whizz, charlie
    and i picked mushies this year

I think it goes with the dance culture more so than anything else
    that's probably a bit of a generalisation but i think that's why so many people call us scumbags or whatever. well ya know what yas can do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Someone mentioned Nitros Oxide - I've had that effect when scube diving, its very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by juno75
    Hash (Skunk, Pollen,Kif,Oil, etc)
    Acid (to much when I woz a lad in UK, £2 a pop)
    Mushrooms
    Speed( Blues, Whiteys, lots of powder,pink stuff)
    Cocaine
    GBH
    Ecstasy
    Amyl Nitrate
    Opium
    Tamarizpan
    Alcohol
    Tobacco

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

...Temazepam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Giblet
    in her..her...vagina..

ROFL ! classic /clap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think the poster was referring to 'teh marzipan' Majd. In fact to bring 'Brasseye' into it. He was a user of teh marzipan while he abused 'cake'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by rubadub
    just inhale it from an open bottle. they show it in fear and loathing but it is bull**** since nobody mentions the smell. they do it on rags which is a waste. you STINK FOR DAYS after. if you do it and walk into a room you will stink out the room

ah its just that i've used it in the lab quite a bit, and i'd be quite used to the smell of organic solvents, i suppose i've never got it in large enough concentrations for it to have an effect. yeah organic solvents have a tendancy to linger alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

poppers are crap on their own. drink/smoke and do a small bit of them and they are great.

Best mixer with poppers is (non gay, for me anyway) sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

A note about poppers.

NEVER EVER injest poppers or let it near your skin, eyes or any part of you. Only ever inhale! It will burn right through you!

Poppers + coke + pint glass + something to cover it with = best mixer theeeeeeeen add the sex :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

On a side note you druggies should try Crack Cocaine. Its a media myth about its addictive qualities. No more addictive than cannibis.

Seriously. Try it every couple of night for a few weeks and you will see. Plus its getting cheap these days. Why waste your money on smoke when you can have a real good whack and not get addicted?

When Is It Best To Take Crack Cocaine?
    As a rule of thumb, it is profoundly unwise to take crack-cocaine. The brain has evolved a truly vicious set of negative feedback mechanisms. Their functional effect is to stop us from being truly happy for long. Nature is cruelly parsimonious with pleasure. The initial short-lived euphoria of a reinforcer as powerful as crack will be followed by a "crash". This involves anxiety, depression, irritability, extreme fatigue and possibly paranoia. Physical health may deteriorate. An intense craving for more cocaine develops. In heavy users, stereotyped compulsive and repetitive patterns of behaviour may occur. So may tactile hallucinations of insects crawling underneath the skin ("formication"). Severe depressive conditions may follow; agitated delirium; and also a syndrome sometimes known as toxic paranoid psychosis. The neural aftereffects of chronic cocaine use include changes in monoamine metabolites and uptake transporters. There is down-regulation of dopamine D2 receptors to compensate for their drug-induced overstimulation. Thus the brain's capacity to experience pleasure is diminished.
    The social consequences of heavy cocaine use can be equally unpleasant. Non-recreational users are likely eventually to alienate family and friends. They tend to become isolated and suspicious. Most of their money and time is spent thinking about how to get more of the drug. The compulsion may become utterly obsessive. The illusion of free-will is likely to disappear. During a "mission", essentially a 3-4 day crack-binge, users may consume up to 50 rocks a day. To obtain more, crack-addicts will often lie, cheat, steal and commit crimes of violence. Once-loved partners and children may be cruelly cast aside. Whole communities can be disrupted by crack-abuse. Whereas "empathogens" such as Ecstasy - which trigger the release of more serotonin than dopamine - will typically promote empathy, trust, compassionate love and sociability, "dopaminergic" drugs such as cocaine or amphetamines, if taken on their own and to excess, can easily have the reverse effect. There are complications - cocaine's affinity for the serotonin transporter is actually greater than for the dopamine transporter. But simplistically, cocaine tends to be a "selfish" drug.

There is perhaps a single predictable time of life when taking crack-cocaine is sensible, harmless and both emotionally and intellectually satisfying. Indeed, for such an occasion it may be commended. Certain estimable English doctors were once in the habit of administering to terminally-ill cancer patients an elixir known as the "Brompton cocktail". This was a judiciously-blended mixture of cocaine, heroin and alcohol. The results were gratifying not just to the recipient. Relatives of the stricken patient were pleased, too, at the new-found look of spiritual peace and happiness suffusing the features of a loved one as (s)he prepared to meet his or her Maker.

Drawing life to a close with a transcendentally orgasmic bang, and not a pathetic and god-forsaken whimper, can turn dying into the culmination of one's existence rather than its present messy and protracted anti-climax.

There is another good reason to finish life on a high note. In a predominantly secular society, adopting a hedonistic death-style is much more responsible from an ethical utilitarian perspective. For it promises to spare friends and relations the miseries of vicarious suffering and distress they are liable to undergo at present as they witness one's decline.

A few generations hence, the elimination of primitive evolutionary holdovers such as the ageing process and suffering will make the hedonistic death advocated here redundant. In the meanwhile, one is conceived in pleasure and may reasonably hope to die in it.

"Its as addictive as hash"

which is as addictive as lettuce which should be outlawed to since if you smoke dried lettuce it is worse for you than cigarrettes.

damn lettuce-heads mugging grannies for their next fix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

These young druggies dont know the pleasure they are missing out on by having a few weeks on the ol'pipe.

Its as addictive as hash........

Maybe a couple of them should go out and have a bash for a few weeks and report in?

I hope you are just baiting us all Merc because you have as much knowlage of this subject as an Eskimo has about the desert.

'druggie' -get a life mate ffs
    So ALL drug users should burn in hell? You dont drink tea/coffie/alchol (the most dangerous drug) or pop anadin for a headache or wot about your grandparents and all the pills they are on for there various ailments?
    Because something is illegal does not make something morally or sociually wrong.
    Laws are made for man not man made for laws and I am proud to have been busted a few times.
    Suck an egg mate, while you are at it read a book or 3:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Sico
    .........Rohypnol........................

Why????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Lads,
    This is meant to be a civil discussion of drugs among drug users or 'druggies' as Merc likes to call them. Fine by me. It is not however supposed to be a show down between the 'narcs' and the 'druggies'. I would appreciate if you would try not to turn it into that.
    Regards,
    Ballooba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

FFS Merc what the hell is biting your scrotum ;)

But seriously crack coke is pretty heavy **** and I know you are talking the piss but at the same time what if someone took what you said seriously?

• Advertisement

Merc is serious to a certain extent. He never makes point like that on any other topic. Out of the near 80% who admitted to taking drugs in the above poll how many do you think have stolen to feed their 'habit'?

Merc,

you funny man, me gonna find you and put a few dots in your drink,ninja style:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Hash
    Drink
    Trips
    E's
    Speed
    Valium (few other household stuff)

A friend of mine died on a drinking/ coke night out a few years ago, so i only drink & smoke now.

Mind you my friends still do Charlie/ E's etc. and they know what happened to him.

C'est la vie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

.........Rohypnol........................

QUOTE]Why????[/QUOTE]

It's used as a tranquiliser for long haul flights!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I like cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Drugs taken today: weed,coffee,tobacco.

Drugs ranked from personal experience.
    1- Hash (all round positive)
    2- Grass (good, but you will never leave your computer,this can also be seen as a positive effect)
    3- Mushrooms (Big catagory, liberty caps{irish} my personal favourive {take 30 and a cup of mushroom tea}. mexican, take 10, but these really screw with your head, I watched blackhawkDown on these real good but seriously messed up, Cappilonia{mexican}, simial to liberty caps but just not as good, take these outside, same goes for liberty caps)
    4- MDMA (yeah nice, never take more than 1 or 2 though, just makes it harder ro get a buz the next time, great with a chick wher your coming down)
    5- Coffee (now thats some hardcore ****)
    6- Alcohol (no explanation needed-appologies to muslims)
    7- Cocaine (good fun but too expensive, never know how much or what it has been cut with, kinda scary, worth trying though)
    8- Heroin (smoked it once- interesting, but the next day was seriously messed up- I dont like the idea of injecting anything unless medicine, even then kinda freeky)
    9- Poppers (crap, but im not gay!)
    10- Tobacco, yes i do smoke, hence at the bottom of the list.

So thats it, yeah i think drugs can be fun, make things more interesting sometimes, wouldnt take it too seriosly either way though.:ninja:

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

When was that last time you saw some one flogging a recently stolen video for a packet of Anadin?

3 weeks ago. a guy in the morning with a splitting headache from alcohol and no cash was outside the pharmacy waiting for his fix, video in hand ;)

the whole "gay poppers" thing is because in the states (dunno about here) the gay scene is meant to be heavily into drugs. if you orgasm while on poppers it is extremely intense and lasts a longer time. i would suspect gay sex can be less "romantic" than a man and wife. i would think gay men would not be as offended as a woman if you pulled out a bottle of poppers at the last minute while riding them and took a big sniff. ever wonder why they have "gay condoms"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Rohypnol

Interesting choice. Did you really want to forget something/one you'd done that night? :)

I've dabbled with a few different things, but always end up returning to nice safe reliables - alcohol, cannabis and MDMA. Not all at the same time, mind.

Cocaine is a horrific drug, not for the user but for the people around them. Nice sensation and all, but I've seen two people I knew well become utterly intolerable because of it and ruin their relationships with everyone else around them. I value my friendships enough never to use this drug again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Don1
    QUOTE]Why????
    It's used as a tranquiliser for long haul flights!!!! [/QUOTE]

Ah, so maybe he spiked his own drink, hoping that he would pass out, and someone would take him home and do things to him.....

Still, hardly a recreational choice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

The two main reasons I dislike cocaine would be firstly that the effects dont last as long as Yokes, after about an hour your thirsting for more.

And secondly as a result you can end up pretty messed up in the bank department, even after just one night of indulgence on it. For E50 euros you can get pretty off it on yokes and have a blast, but with coke you can end up spending E300+ on one night.

Its nice the odd occasion though ;)

The old coke can have very different effects on different people. For me its that absolute best! I feel great and I usually dont get too arogent towards other people. But then again im not the most aggressive person in the world (a bit too laid back if anything) so maybe that has somin to do with it.

Just feel great and usually get really funnny as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

so far i've taken (as far as i can remember anyhoo):

1. hash
    2. mushies
    3. E
    4. coke
    5. speed
    6. salvia
    7. opium
    8. poppers
    (i drink and smoke too, but I didn't think they were really worthy of being added)

would like to try acid at some stage (i think)
    don't think i'd ever want to try heroin (wanted to try smoking it at one stage but i was just being little and rebellious, i think)

Originally posted by catspring
    6. salvia

Whats that? Is it Salvia diadorum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Interesting stats:

Of those who responded to the poll so far....

103 have used Cannabis.

38 have used MDMA

28 have taken no illegal drugs

27 have used Cocaine

Obviously it's not empirical evidence of ANYTHING, but it's thought provoking nonetheless...

Shinji,

The way I set up the poll was to see the trends in drug use.

Look at how many people have used coke or ectasy without using hash first, very few. Thats what i expected.

Also I wanted to see how many people went straight from cannabis onto cocaine. Again very few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Clinical Waste
    Why????

To get to sleep after a night out on coke, pills and speed.

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    Whats that? Is it Salvia diadorum?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

Originally posted by ballooba
    Shinji,

The way I set up the poll was to see the trends in drug use.

Look at how many people have used coke or ectasy without using hash first, very few. Thats what i expected.

Also I wanted to see how many people went straight from cannabis onto cocaine. Again very few.

hope your not catching the "gateway syndrome"

even the gardai have unofficially given up the cannabis gateway bull****.

most people start on caffeine, then booze, then cannabis then the rest.

just like most murderers start off squashing flies, killing spiders, kicking cats and dogs, getting in fights, GBH then murder.

so ban killing spiders its a "gateway to murder"

no argument just simple logic

• Advertisement

Ah yes that mint. That what I know it as my mate was taking about getting some.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah yeah, tried that stuff... it was alright, but I didn't really smoke it right at all so I didn't get half the effect..

Originally posted by Mordeth
    ah yeah, tried that stuff... it was alright, but I didn't really smoke it right at all so I didn't get half the effect..

if you know you didnt get the full effect then you didnt get close to 1/2 the effect more like 1/1000 the effect. when you "breakthrough" you know all about it ;)

like a girl who says "i think i had an orgasm" she didnt when you get it you know. most bizarre experience ever, you get thrown into another dimension

I am slightly surpirized by how many people on boards use drugs.

Im not talking hash which nearly everyone does but the other harder drugs im quite surpirsed by :confused:

so ban killing spiders its a "gateway to murder"

No don't get me wrong I'm not talking about banning anything.

Its your choice if you want to kill spiders same as its your choice to smoke cannabis.

Its a crude analogy but its illegal to kill people same as its illegal to take smack. Smack is horrible **** that should never be legalised.

I'm just interested in the order in which people try stuff. You can't deny that people don't generally take hard drugs without taking cannabis first though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

People take cannabis first because its the most commonly taken drug, its a soft drug, its readily available and its dosage is easily controlled. You cant over dose on it so how "high" you want to get is within your control.

Its socially acceptible to light up a joint at a lot of parties whereas it would NOT be socially acceptible to stick a tournique on your arm and cook up!

It has the least criminal danger to its purchase, the least severe punishment if you are caught with it and the widest number of people you can buy it from (mostly non-criminals... if you excuse "dealing hash" from "crime" for the moment).

For all these reasons, and more, Hash is commonly the first drug people try. So yes, its true that most if not all hard drug users started on hash. Thats as logically implicit of a connection as saying that most long distance runners started life walking first.

Hash leads to harder drugs because the government and those in power label them ALL "drugs" and "drugs" are bad.

When young people realise that actually Hash is rather pleasant even if it makes you a little dopey for a while, they begin to wonder what else the Gov has been lying to them about. They try E, Speed, Trips, Ketamine even Cocaine.

However, even then with the two exceptions noted above (who I had lost contact with some years prior), I know of noone who has moved to injecting or taking very hard drugs. All of them consider heroin a "loser" drug and in many cases a certain class snobery comes into play whereby middle-class lads wouldnt associate with drugs like Heroin, Ketamine, Qualudes etc as they class them along with glue-sniffers and they dont want to be seen as "lower class". Curious, but true.
    (Just as Cocaine is the drug of choice if you want to show you are a "flash bastard".)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    However, even then with the two exceptions noted above (who I had lost contact with some years prior), I know of noone who has moved to injecting or taking very hard drugs. All of them consider heroin a "loser" drug and in many cases a certain class snobery comes into play whereby middle-class lads wouldnt associate with drugs like Heroin, Ketamine, Qualudes etc as they class them along with glue-sniffers and they dont want to be seen as "lower class". Curious, but true.
    (Just as Cocaine is the drug of choice if you want to show you are a "flash bastard".)

This is actually a very good point. For example Id never touch heroin and my drug of choice is coke. As Devore has said this is possibly due to the fact that im am probably a bit of a closest snob. :confused:

hay merc, wot do you do to let your hair down then?

Nice long walks in the woods or summfink else pure and like dat?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I have tried..

Hashish
    Bud
    Acid
    E
    Cocaine
    Various prescription uppers and downers (not often though)
    Quat
    Mushrooms
    Special K
    Poppers
    Sniffed petrol once when I were a lad (It was ****)

All a good few years ago now. I still smoke a little and take the odd pill (Maybe once a year). I'd probably smoke more if good bud was easier to get hold of, hash is just sh1t once you've smoked good bud.

ROFL Merc:D

Gen. 1:11
    Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth.

Genesis 9:3
    Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Psalms104:14
    He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

So god was wrong to create cannibis or the opium poppy?
    Are you saying the big fella made a mistake,
    gosh darn it does this make god evil for inventing drugs?

Right, Bong Time.
    To me its gods way of saying hello and stopping to your brain just enuff to appriciate the small fact of exsisting.

BTW, Because someone does something that does not comply to your personal moral standards does not imply that the person is ungodly or morally corrupt.
    Look at Bob Marley- Ganja advocate- probably up there with jebus on the scale of things for the amount of good he did for this little planet.
    John Lennon- Smacked out of his eyeballs for years but look how much love and compassion he gave the world.

While Im at it -
    Walt Disney- Mickey Mouse is a creation of an opium fantasy
    Edgar Allen Poe- Huge influence on my thoughts on god/exsistance etc- out of his gord most of his life.
    Freud- Cocaine addict/advocate.
    Conan Doyle-Cocaine addict/reincarnation advocate

The list of godly/creative inspireing poeple through history who have alterd there minds in some way is endless.

Most of the major figures in History have been influenced some form of drug.

Because I use various drugs I am not inferring that you should.
    I belive I the innane right of a human being to choose what he/she puts in thier body.

Peace and love from a stoned hippy type:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement