Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What drugs have you taken?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Alcohol, Hash and eehh.. I'm inclined to down an espresso before I get down on the dancefloor :)
    Don't really want to try anything else a couple of my friends use coke and yokes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ok then

Hash, poppers, LSD, Ecstacy, cocaine, Heroin (once), DMSO (once), horse tranquilizers (once), mushrooms, tamizapan (jellies , don't know how to spell it) crack (once), valium and multitude of other prescription drugs... MMMmmm... they should all be legalised. how about granting people individual responsibility instead of always relying on the braying collective?

And the result? Lots of laughs, tired of them all now, and fearful of going one step too far, mind loss is a terrible thing to taste. I still smoke some **** now and again... I go on and off it - mightn't smoke sometimes for months...

Its fun to **** with your mind - danger is preferring reality on drugs to just regular reality. Sing all you like about hash is ok blah blah, but I have friends who sit at home and do NOTHING all the time because that's what being stoned does to them. Some people can smoke all the time and stay active - but I've seen too many people waste years just because they're sitting in a room getting stoned with their mates...

Wanna expand your mind? Read a book. Wanna talk about how great mind expansion is? Write one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Hash Soap( only when I can't get good weed)
    Skunk
    E (2-3 times a month depending on what's going on)
    Coke (3-4 times a year - special occasions as it's too ****ing expensive!)
    GHB
    Mushrooms (about once a month)
    Alcohol (quite although I rarely get wasted)
    Speed (only had a few times)
    Poppers (years ago - not worth headaches IMO)
    AMT (research chem - check out Erowid for more info)
    5-Meo-Dipt (same as above)
    Salvia Divinorum (pyschedelic herb that you can buy on the Internet, ****ing crazy drug! :D )

If I can ever get my hands on any acid I will most certainly be consuming plenty of. Problem is as everyone knows, it's as rare as ****! :mad:

Forgot to add Ketamine to that list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

If I can ever get my hands on any acid I will most certainly be consuming plenty of. Problem is as everyone knows, it's as rare as ****!

oooooo be carefull there!!!!!!!!!!!Dat **** is the **** if you get my drift.

I was lucky (some would say unlucky) to grow up in UK in Devon in early- mid 90's when there was loads and loads of acid about- blotters or dots usually.
    There was a big bunch of us all 18-22 age group livin in the same house in the sticks all on the doal. The only thing at the time for enretainment was acid one summer, the area was flooded with it and was 3 quid a trip.
    I worry when I look back and realise the amount of that stuff we ate:p
    Out of all the drugs I have tried acid had the biggest 'WOW' factor. And haveing a big bunch of mates going for it also was dangerous.
    Well lots of mad adventures over those few months and it was amazing BUT I never understood how peeps could have a bad trip cause I thought it was funny ****.
    But then me had a night from hell .Tried it agian the next week and another night of hell (mixed Acid and Shrooms)
    That was 9 years ago now and I will never thouch anything physchadelic agian.
    Each and every trip was mad and I dont regret a single one and glad of the experiance but I firmly belive we all have a finite number of trips we can do in one lifetime( shrooms included ) and you dont do more than you share or else things get a bit wackey, perminatly.
    So top experiance IMO , Know your limit when you get to it .
    I think its one drug that needs to be taken with some respect!
    happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"I dont know or understand how you could put your body.. which is a temple, through such harsh treatment."

do you ever eat junk food? or go into a smoky pub?

i dont know how people can deprive their minds of the ecstatic delights of conscious altering substances, its a basic desire like sex and food.
    i suppose some just have a larger appetite for them than others, just like sex and food....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Repent, for I have tried the following....

Hash/skunk/oils/zero-zero or whatever
    lsd - tabs/mushies
    E's
    MDMA - powder
    coke
    speed
    ketamine
    popper's

Not about to go "chasing the dragon" or any of that other **** now, I enjoy a few drinks and a few smokes of anything that isn't a disgustingly chemical tasting soapbar that feels like paint stripper on the back of your throat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Sico
    To get to sleep after a night out on coke, pills and speed.

ya purple hearts is another name for rhyopinal(spelling), i've heard of a few using it to sleep after a hard night.......

other miricale remedies are blood pressure pills, for a calming effect,
    eye drops(dunno what kind), for the bloodshot/ enlarged pupils,

coke/speed/another pill, like the 'cure' alcohol drinking people use apart from its usually taken to come back up again rather than to "relax", small amounts can be benificial,

and of course smoke the universial come down aid.......

personally i dont see the point of taking more to make the morning easier, and i dont smoke hash so its usually au naturale in the mornin for me................having that said a line of coke now and again in the morning isn't bad

oh and dont do drugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

For Cannabis information relating to Ireland and Irish politics check this out :

Cannabis Ireland Alliance

There is also a mailing list for those interested in helping the Irish legalisation lobby

IE-Cannabis

toke it easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Yokes, Coke & Smokes :D

Seriously tho, in this order:
    Age 11: Alcohol and Cigarrettes - Reguarly, but not bothered if I don't get any of either (not reliant, in other words. Can go months without a drink or smoke, and only really smoke now when drunk!)
    Age 13: Pot - Reguarly up until about a year ago (was frustrated at never getting anything done!)
    Age 15: Whizz - Every now and again, if it's about. Did some poppers too.
    Age 20: Coke - Lots and lots (was living in Tenerife, and it's almost as popular as drink among the local young ex-pats).
    Age 22: E's - About 20 or so in my time, but none for the last 2 years, and probably not ever again (settled down with missus now, and she doesn't like me on them).

Opinions:
    Hash (general, i.e. weed, skunk, pot, whatever) - All good, but I never really got anything done!
    Speed - Complete opposite to hash. I ended up lanscaping my garden one day when I'd only meant to mow the grass. Hate the comedown tho. makes me really grouchy.
    Poppers - fun with (straight) friends. pass the parcel with a poppers bottle and just stare at each other and try not to laugh (or p1ss/sh1t yourself:D).
    Coke - Great for a quick fix. Got into the habit of dropping a half gram into a pint of Vodka Redbull, which will keep you going all night (but good luck finding your d1ck!). Remember, also anyone who wants to try coke, but not to snort it, you can drop it into any drink, even water (bit bitter, but security will never eyeball it in a club:D. Remember to shake it tho, if you're sharing) if you like. Also, if you pull half the filter out of a cigarrette, wet one side (like licking a joint) and roll it over a line and smoke it, you get a whole other ballgame of effects. ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK MIND. EACH TO THEIR OWN! I WON'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. remember, free will!
    E's - One of those things that you really have to plan ahead for, and not something you should do unless you are in/out with friends you trust, who know you are doing them, or you can end up in a right state. Having said that, if you are with friends you can have the absolute best time, and even the comedown can be something memorable. Pills (unless you get a nasty one, which happens from time to time) Bring out an immense feeling of love and kindness towards those around you, especially those in a similar state, and you can find out a lot about close friends that you might not be able to express normally. That said you can also end up telling some knacker that you love them and end up randomly hugging people all night, so it's not always all good! But all your senses are heightened and even having a slash can be almost orgasmic at the best of times, and sex is absolutely amazing, beyond anything you will exprience without chemical help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Can some one please tell me what Speed, Acid, and Poppers are?? :dunno: Like, what do they look like? Gimme some info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

go to www.erowid.org ....all you need....recipes and all:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

hash,bangers, whizz, shrooms once (useless) coke once or twice, dats about it, but was years ago when I was young and stupid and most of my druggie friends were alive.

Should start a thread now on how many drug friends are dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

KittyKat:

talk about dragging up old posts.

If someone was to take an ecstasy pill, what are the chances of it being very harmful to that person. If most people tae a pill and they all seem grand, what chance is there that if another person where to take it someone wrong would happen. Does it depend on the person aswell as what the pill is made of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

as far as I know, the pills don't kill you, the dehydration and overheating can, but most peple take care of that by drinking lots of water.
    of the people that I know who have died who were heavy/regular drug users, two had massive heart attacks (one was 35 the other was 37)...
    Two were killed in road accidents (under the infulence of drugs) in fact one guy was decapitated after driving into a roadsign (comming home from night out) he left two kids behind him too.
    Several comitted suicide.
    The consequences of ecstacy use are not fully known, when the drug came out first it was considered "safe". Recent studies have shown that regular useage by those in their early mid twenties ten years ago, are now showing signs of depression and anxiety as a direct result, and form the majority of depressives (seeking therapy) in this age group (30's).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

alcohol of course but i prefer the odd (in my case not so odd) joint. so far just hash/grass but not set against trying something new. as a matter of fact, i got me some delightful grass right now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Giles wrote:
    If I can ever get my hands on any acid I will most certainly be consuming plenty of. Problem is as everyone knows, it's as rare as ****! :mad:

it's on the way back, I know several people who've been getting their hands on some recently.

I've tried most stuff, the weirdest and worst was oxycontin, it was horrible. I was sort of numb, half-dead for two days, drifting in and out of consciousness, then had the mother of all hangovers for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Iirc ecstasy deaths are down usually to overheating,heart pressure,over consumption of water,dangerously mixing alcohol with yokes,and so forth. My rule is that if my heart starts beating at 4 times the normal rate i ought to take a breather and gently sip some water ;)

Alcohol(Im a madlad I am :cool: )
    Hash
    Ecstasy
    Coke
    Poppers(I took it easy on them,I get wary of those stories of lads ****tin themselves)

Generally i dont **** with illegal stuff all that frequently. I suppose Id be on hash maybe monthly. Coke and yokes normally are for very special occasions

Lord knows why but ill never do shrooms. Prob because of the apparently vile taste,dont think id bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My attitude is that I'll try anything once except for heroin. For anyone who drinks but doesnt take drugs I think they should know that its possibly one of the most dangerous about. I find this site gives a good understanding of recreational drugs: http://www.erowid.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ditto.

i've never found anything to be personally addictive to me (physically) although there's plenty i'd do again just cos it was good, like a decent rollercoaster ride can be addictive.

Advertisement