Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan channels on irc.iol.ie

Options
  • 31-05-1998 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

I posted something about this on the games list awhile back , but since a lot of people won`t have seen it there , I`ll repeat it here .

Quake and Quake 2 clans have the rights to any channel on irc.iol.ie using their name .End of story .
    Anyone registering a channel under a clan name to which they don`t belong will have that channel taken and given over to the appropriate clan .No exceptions.

Couple of points on this -
    Firstly , I'm (obviously) susbscribed to the private irc-ops mailing list , and I've already let them know what the situation is regarding channel registering for clans , and they agree with me . So this isn't just something I've dreamed up to bug someone , and complaining there will be a waste of time .
    Secondly , I will be upset if people start registering clan channels en masse if they aren`t a member of that clan .*Very* upset :)

Lets all be grown up about this .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I wonder whose going to form the first Clan Morgue or Clan Lobby ? :)

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

: I wonder whose going to form the first Clan Morgue
    umm maybe.... CM not a bad source thing ]CM[ SeP ehehe

or Clan Lobby ? :)
    HAHAHAHHAHA!!!
    : T.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I wonder whose going to form the first Clan Morgue or Clan Lobby ? :)

: T.

what if I had an uncle named X-Com and I was making a room for him , why would clan X-Com get preference over him ?

reagrds,
    ste-the-bee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

: what if I had an uncle named X-Com and I was making a room for him , why would clan X-Com get preference over him ?

Maybe because the X-Com clan will frequent the server a lot more than good ole unky X-Com .
    Maybe because I used to be a member of X-Com before Incarnate came along and I still have a soft spot for them .
    Maybe because I don`t think you have an Uncle X-Com .

Or maybe its just because I`m the only irc-op on IOL who actually gives a flying toss about the Quake community and what I say goes on irc.iol.ie ? :)

Whats the point of being an irc-op if I don`t get to abuse it now and then ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

: : what if I had an uncle named X-Com and I was making a room for him , why would clan X-Com get preference over him ?

: Maybe because the X-Com clan will frequent the server a lot more than good ole unky X-Com .
    : Maybe because I used to be a member of X-Com before Incarnate came along and I still have a soft spot for them .
    : Maybe because I don`t think you have an Uncle X-Com .

: Or maybe its just because I`m the only irc-op on IOL who actually gives a flying toss about the Quake community and what I say goes on irc.iol.ie ? :)

: Whats the point of being an irc-op if I don`t get to abuse it now and then ? :)

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tecno

: erm 4 the record i reged #scream after the film :) and #jedi after the film even though its c**p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

: : erm 4 the record i reged #scream after the film :) and #jedi after the film even though its c**p :)

Really? I have a logfile from u that says otherwise. You do remember logfiles Tecno? In fact you only came up with this reason after the channel was taken off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LOL , talk about bullsh!ting

B

Advertisement