Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering Help........

Options
  • 06-05-2003 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

im just wondering is it okay to upgrade my windows 98se to windows xp pro it says its okay on the package.

Will anyone answer me ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yes it is possible to upgrade by putting the CD in the drive after booting up win98 but a clean install would be better imho. Whatever you do make sure you've downloaded XP drivers for your Gfx card, soundcard and modem before any os update just in case XP doesn't pick them up correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I agree, backup what you need, get all your drivers, and do a clean install. You will just be chasing problems otherwise.

Or maybe better still, partition and dual boot. Depending on the games and apps you use it might be an idea to keep 98SE for a while.

Advertisement