Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Study Tommorow

• 06-05-2003 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Well ive decided to get my head down as far as it can go from tommorow night onwards to the leaving..
    iv done nothing but i have been listening in class these days .
    whats the best way to start and get everytin done??

thanks for your help,
    cartman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

im gonna join ya..
    from this weekend onwards, im hopefully getting down to it..

i've been flicking through notes and listening in class lately.. but after having looked at each of the examination papers and their layout, i've realised that i know feck all about this whole leaving cert business..

my plan from this weekend onwards: go to school, come home, sleep for an hour or two, then do some hardcore study from about 11 until 3 (when i study best) and sleep again..

thats probably my only hope cuz when i come home from school, the last thing i wanna do is study straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Today was my last day of school, not coming in anymore. No point staying cause most teachers have stopped teaching.

Hoping to study at least 8 hours a day......*hoping*

Good luck anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well so far its gone horribly f*ckin wrong:( horribly...
    iv a week left in school and im doin nothing at home:/
    i even brought home my biology book today for the first time in 2years to study but i ****in fell asleep on page 8:( what the **** will i do..
    how does one study GOOD??
    and nikc im the same as you with study late hours its great i can get trough so much if im up dat late but ill just fall asleep..

anyhelp on what i can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

Cartman, doing it that way will take forever. I suggest you mainly do Past paper Questions, and then Take the knowlege from the textbook as required. Then you write down the Stuff you took out in note form, AND DONT FORGET THE DEFINITIONS!!! Goodluck !!

Originally posted by Myg
    Cartman, doing it that way will take forever. I suggest you mainly do Past paper Questions, and then Take the knowlege from the textbook as required. Then you write down the Stuff you took out in note form, AND DONT FORGET THE DEFINITIONS!!! Goodluck !!

Agreed. Especially for Biology, reading the book now won't do any good. The fact you've been to and listened in class will be your trump card. Do the exam papers, get a grasp for what you need to know, and learn it. E.g., Biology, Section a, only need to know the basics in a few areas. Know it, and you've got 30% of your exam. Then your extra subject. Read up on Ecology. It's the easiest part of the entire course. In most books it's 30 pages long maximum, and it's an entire question on your course. Hey presto, in about 2 hours, you'll already have enough to almost pass.

Ah yes, college. The sheer frequency and importance of exams turns you into a complete spoofer who knows all the best ways to maximise results while minimising work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Today was my last day of school, not coming in anymore. No point staying cause most teachers have stopped teaching.

NO!!! Don't stay at home! It's way more productive being in class! The teachers go back over and over! Will help anyone! BTW: Any truth in the rumours that the Department send out 'hints' in the week leading up to the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

NO shane its absolute crap.
    They sign an agreement of secrecy and would be fired if they did that.

Anyone who says that the department is putting something on a test is deluding themselves, and let them, it means they go down and you go up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

NO shane its absolute crap.
    They sign an agreement of secrecy and would be fired if they did that.

Anyone who says that the department is putting something on a test is deluding themselves, and let them, it means they go down and you go up :P

Wouldn't it be great to have a relative working for the department. I'm sure people working for the department tell there relatives whats going to come up, otherwise they would be fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

There was a chief examiner report tho which sorta says something. I know geography one was giving out about students being able to prepare the splitting up of a country, might be a hint we wont have that option this year.

Anyone hear anything from any other reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well i didnt start
    so ill start on saturday
    !
    just thought id let ye know how i was gettin on even tho this has gone totoally off topic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm gonna sleep better now knowing you're going to start soon Cartman :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I was all ready to go last friday........then woke up and felt absolutely terrible :mad: Was sick all weekend unfortunately.

That said I started on monday and have got plenty done, not as much as I would have hoped though I'm getting there :)

Cartman, why wait until Saturday? Take out a book and get something done right now! :) Time is flying by........less than 3 weeks to go.......have to just get down and do it.

Originally posted by Kaimera
    I'm gonna sleep better now knowing you're going to start soon Cartman :rolleyes:

/me pokes Kaimera

Oy! I've got my eye on you...
    0_ó

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

poke with a stick or what sham? :p