Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd Rw

• 06-05-2003 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm considering getting a dvd writer fairly soon... should i wait till this whole double standard thing gets sorted out or is it sorted out?

if not what type of cdrw drive would ppl recomend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

you could get the sony not sure the model it dose +/- r so u would be fairly sorted . anyone seen any disks for sale bigger then 4.7 gigs ?

also move this to the technology board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I got a Sony DRU-500AX and it writes all the popular formats except DVD-RAM i.e DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CDR, CDRW. It's a really classy piece of kit.

None of the formats support dual-layer DVD's yet so they're limited to a maximum of 4.7Gb. You can get a double-sided disc but you still have to eject it and flip it over.

Nearly ALL DVD videos are dual layer format (9 Gb plus) so if you're backing-up your DVD collection you have to split each film onto 2 DVD's. The only exception to this I have found so far is Tremors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

na ive found a few that are not like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I have only ever come across one 4.7Gb DVD and that was tremors. Even my oldie films like Tron and Sinbad are on dual layer discs.

Could you list the DVD's you've encountered on single-layer format?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech.

Read the hw tweaking/modding charter!

It's at the top of the list of threads, it says "Please read this before posting to this forum", so do it! It'll take two minutes of your precious time, if even that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Nearly ALL DVD videos are dual layer format (9 Gb plus) so if you're backing-up your DVD collection you have to split each film onto 2 DVD's. The only exception to this I have found so far is Tremors

Try idle hands and maybe the ali g series m8...

What u want is isntant copy 7 pinnacle m8.. it basically reincodes with good quality the dvd onto 1 dvd keeping the majority of extras etc instead of putting them on 2 dvds

Advertisement