Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vines

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

My god Shorty, you are a genius....you have found similarities between a Coral song and a Cure song and you have come to the conclusion that Coral are a complete rip off of the Cure.
    I have seen both bands live and I can tell you, that is were the similarities end.
    Come back to me when you have more evidence to back up your "claim".....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Originally posted by stez
    My god Shorty, you are a genius....

Bow down before my might! :D:)
    you have found similarities between a Coral song and a Cure song and you have come to the conclusion that Coral are a complete rip off of the Cure.

That's funny, where did I use the words "complete rip off". What I was more perplexed about was that ppl were unable to see these similarities. Also I was merely comparing those two songs.
    I have seen both bands live and I can tell you, that is were the similarities end.
    Come back to me when you have more evidence to back up your "claim".....

What claim was that? Did I give any other comparisons between the bands? I did say "Does no one get that between The Cure and The Coral? ", refering back to my previous post mentioning the two songs. You may infer from that, that I was comparing the two bands, but I assure you I wasn't and was only refering to those two songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

I dont think a similar bass line is basis to suggest any similarities to two band,
    the coral - vocal,soft,happy
    the cure- darkish although cheerful, at time hard too listen to,definately not vocal(although rob smith has a strange style)

a bassline is a bassline, i can think of fifty million basslines that sound the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Again, I was merely pointing out the similarites between songs not bands! It is a quite distinctive bass line, would you not agree?

Apparently the bass line in RHCP By The Way is similar to an AFI song too?

Advertisement