Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

swaping no claims bonus

Options
  • 06-05-2003 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

is it possible to swap a no calims bonus from one driver to another?? i taught it wasnt till i was on to a company and they suggested that i took my fathers no claims bonus and my insurance would drop by €3000 and my fathers would go up by €300 this means i would get insured for €2100 [including paying the €300 to my father] is this legal?would i be insured.this was on a 1000cc starlet worth up to €2500.btw i am not giving the companys name so dont ask

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That sounds highly suspect.

Do you have the same first name as your dad by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds dubious alright, were you talking to a broker or an insurance company? If you do go ahead with this, make sure you write to them and make sure who has what. Otherwise you could be paying large amounts of money for useless insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

thats what i was thinking, no different names. it was a broker.he said he did it for someone else a few days before.

Advertisement