Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer advice

• 06-05-2003 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I hope to buy a decent printer. Im looking to spend between €150 - €220.

I want to get a photo quality printer that can also print on glossy papper. Looking to print photos no bigger that 10X15cm which i think is a normal album size. It also has to print on A4.

Not looking at the speed as to which it prints but more quality of the prints.

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I'd recommend an Epson Stylus Photo 950. It also allows you to print onto CD ROMs. It captures the smallest details using Variable-Sized Droplet Technology which produces the smallest ever ink droplet. The roll paper allows you to print banners and panoramic shots. Its print resolution of 2880 x 1440dpi gives excellent images.

One thing though, whatever printer you get I cannot stress the importance of checking up the cost of ink. I have an Epson Stylus C42. The Cartridge T037 is sold at loads of different places at different prices. A computer superstore were selling it for €30.50, A UK retailer is selling it for €35.20 and i know of another Irish retailer selling it for €29.95 for the same cartridge. Epsons recommended price for this cartridge is €24.85. At IT Direct they are selling it for €27.69. In the end I bought my ink from a local computer shop for €25. (Thanks again Webmonkey :D)

Print Ink I saw is seven times more expensive than in 1875. So what im saying is dont go for the cheap printer. Check the ink prices first. Manufacturers can sell printers for cheap and make the money back on the ink!

Advertisement