Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIT who's here?

• 06-05-2003 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Not looking for a DIT board, just interested to know how many.

2nd year Business Information Systems (BIS)
    Exams start monday week.
    Fúcked in exams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

1st year Computer Science
    Exams start tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

3rd Year Computer Science FT228
    Exam start on monday yipeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

hey there lads and lassies. I think we've met before on DIT related matters. I'm second year journalism. Aungier St. obviously Exams tuesday. Completely screwed. They make us do some many different subjects - tuesday it's business and economics, thursday it's linguistics and media psychology or something. Anyway, can't wait to get out of here for the summer.

I don't think there are as many DIT people here as UCD. grrr sure its the quality of the posts innit! yes......

Roxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I reckon you might be surprised roxy. They are struggling over there on the UCD thread, loads of DIT people haven't seen this yet.

Its not really something to be proud of though really that we have more students on boards than other colleges.

I bet UCD have more students in their campus bar at the moment than we do in ours. ;)

I'm thinking of setting up the Cornerstone as the official DIT Southside campus bar next year (sponsored by Ballooba.net of course ;) ). Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

FT225/2 Kevin st.

Never goto Kevin Street.
    1. the dirty toilets (so filthy the graphitti is in blood and excrement)
    2. the perma-dark labs/classroms which get no sun (except the blinding mars like effect we get around an hour before sunset).
    3. the dodgy union (where's rag week?, the balls?, the €70,000?)
    4. the overpriced disgusting canteen (with no veggie option, ever except reboiled pasta sludge)

...i don't need to go any further, the plcae is being run into the ground in expectation of the new (2007) campus, whose coffers were already raided so things can only get worse.
    How come Aungier St. looks so much more inviting? it can't just be the new building because trinity 20 times older than Kevin st. yet still looks good (except the arts block).

[/rant]

tribble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

DIT Kevin St.

3rd Year Computer Science (FT228)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Yeah Aungier St. is much nicer. Glad I'm there! But i'ts not fair at all. I don't really understand why improving one site means they have to pull the rug from under the other ones and allow them to go to pot. In Portland Row, they're stepping over junkies in the hallway to get into the buiding - coz it's a converted georgian house, like Rathmines. And they had sewerage running down the wall of the canteen last year too. Pure mank.

Roxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

3rd Year FT225 Maths & Computing degree

Managment Exam yesterday(went pretty well)

German tomorrow(need only 20% to pass!!!)

and then a 17 day break till the real exams start....im not sure if i like that. Ill be in college till June 6th, ill probably be the last student left here in college.....

Never goto Kevin Street.
    1. the dirty toilets (so filthy the graphitti is in blood and excrement)
    2. the perma-dark labs/classroms which get no sun (except the blinding mars like effect we get around an hour before sunset).

Yeah, but that's what gives our college that unique character and atmosphere thats missing over in Aungier St :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

1st year Computer Science

me 2 - who r ya? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

well, if all goes well, i should be in dit for the new college year.

currently finishing a plc course in ballyfermot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

Dave ,that dr.darcy is meant to be really good and i mean really good. i know his daughter, aibhe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

ft228/3 :p

Half way through exams...not looking forward to the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I'm FT221/1 Kevin st

Kevin St isn't that bad and I happen to love the food, can't get enough of it!!

DAR, I'm guessing thats you Jackson. You can probably guess who this is, went to school with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

They are struggling over there on the UCD thread, loads of DIT people haven't seen this yet.
    That could be because of a little matter of exams. We started before DIT and often have them stretched over 3 weeks. No time to be on boards.(Except for us Science nerds)
    12 f<uking exams. Only one left though.

Originally posted by Gaffo
    That could be because of a little matter of exams. We started before DIT and often have them stretched over 3 weeks. No time to be on boards.(Except for us Science nerds)
    12 f<uking exams. Only one left though.

Yeah, thats one of the reasons I went to DIT. Short exams. I only have 6, 12 would be enough to give me chronic trots for 4 years :) .

My sis is in 4th engineering. She has loved every moment of it. She got really defensive when I pointed out that her last day this year was her last day ever.

I feel bad cos i think she nearly cried when I said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I'd say its more likely that none of the Orts Students know how to use computers!!!

Q. How many DIT students does it take to change a light bulb?

A. 3, 1 to unscrew it and 2 to fgure out how to smoke it!

Q. How many ucd students does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. 1, he just has to hold it while the world revolves around him!

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    I'm FT221/1 Kevin st

Kevin St isn't that bad and I happen to love the food, can't get enough of it!!

DAR, I'm guessing thats you Jackson. You can probably guess who this is, went to school with you.

nope soz - got me confused wiv some1 else methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Originally posted by ballooba
    Yeah, thats one of the reasons I went to DIT. Short exams. I only have 6, 12 would be enough to give me chronic trots for 4 years :) .

ft228/3 DIT Kevin st.

its not all easy in DIT. Last year we had 12 exams. for our summer exams. I think 2nd year is pretty hard in most courses though.

only 6 exams this year

Yeah, Féckin Database Systems this morning. Damhnait Harvey is our lecturer. I reckon she made it reall yhard because no one showed to lectures during the year. i don't know how fair that reasoning is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

Chucky,
    We actually had 9 in the summer, 3 at christmas!

2 exams to go :-D

• Advertisement

its not all easy in DIT. Last year we had 12 exams. for our summer exams. I think 2nd year is pretty hard in most courses though.

ah fup - was hopin for another year of playin bomberman an arsin around the snackery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

DT 521/1

exams all done... hopefully didnt do too bad... when are the results usually out tho? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by FoXXy
    exams all done... hopefully didnt do too bad... when are the results usually out tho? :confused:

They'll be out around July.. because the repeats are in August :P
    What course is DT521 ?
    Originally posted by Chucky
    ft228/3 DIT Kevin st.
    only 6 exams this year

Do you still have to do all the exams if you get work experience?

Finished on monday. Just went to spar to buy myself a packet of Walkers Taste Sensations and a packet of Texicanos this evening (10 mins ago) , Shop assistant was loooking at me funny, apparently I have the shakes.

Never eat Walkers TS after going on the batter, leaves you severely dehydrated and gives you a brain like a raisin.

Texicanos are the shít though

dt521- business management in aungier street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pukka

FT228/1 Computer Science.

Aungier St is really nice (nicer building, nicer computers, nicer girls). Kevin St's a ****hole... :(

Hopefully they'll move Computer Science to Anguier St next year... Wishfull thinking.

hehe yeah aungier street is better, kevin street freaks me out its so smells so bad, wouldnt mind bolton street tho... more guys!

Advertisement