Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question about my intel mobo

• 06-05-2003 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

right i have this board from intel i think it's called 82815 EP (Not so sure) and my bios version A07 also i was using a program called siSoftware and i got this message??

AGP Bus
    Version : 2.00
    Current Data Transfer Rate : 4x
    Side Band Enabled : Yes
    Fast-Writes Enabled : No
    Aperture Size : 64MB <=========== What's This???

i have a ti4200 128mb gf4 card does that message there say that my motherboard is limiting my card to 64mb?

if so is there anyway around this?

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

theres a lot of debate about what it actually does. 128mb+ is usually about right.

this question will open a can of worms though!!!

[edit1] no its not limiting your card to 64mb, in any case, not many if any games are even using that much video RAM yet [/edit1]

[edit2] the arpaeture basically specifes an about of system memory it "may" use for AGP data, have a google, theres a lot to read [/edit2]

Advertisement