Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Forum Query-Your help appreciated!

Options
  • 07-05-2003 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I part run an organisation for musicans at www.gigsmartireland.com and as part of my work I help moderate the forum we have there.

I want to upgrade the featureless and indeed bland forum we have so it has all the bells and whistles one would see here (with custom avatars!).

Can anyone recommend a forum program that will do this for me?!

Much obliged!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I would recommdend phpBB2 which we use on our website. This software comes with all linux shared hosting plans on hosting365.ie or you can download it from www.phpbb.com .

You can add lots of customisations to it and its easy to integrate into your existing layout. check out http://www.ballooba.net/forums.shtml for my lazy attempt at starting to integrate it with our site.

The lads here have moved from phpBB to vBulletin and they obviously had their reasons so maybe they can tell you about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Thank you, that seems like a winner! Your site is well cool too. How did you get the txt alerts thing going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Texts are about €0.047 to send. If your interested I will be set up as a reseller soon so I can set you up with an SMS account with no setup fee just charged per message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Definitely, the site is getting a revamp and that would be a delightful addition!

The gigsmart email is presently gigsmart_ireland@yahoo.co.uk , give me a shout when your selling!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I would recommend Invisionboard
    Use it on my message board and I hear its better to customize than php.

http://www.invisionboard.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement