Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poxy Irish exam!!!!

Options
  • 02-06-1998 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

sick. Godammit!!!. Had to waste my afternoon today doin a shaggin irish exam which i couldnt give a poodle sh!t about when i could have been at home studying for the exams i actually care about!! WHY oh WHY do we (those of us still in secondary school) have to learn a stupid obscure dialect spoken by barely 5,000 people!!. I know this isnt anything to do with Quake n stuff but ya have to find somewhere to let off steam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: sick. Godammit!!!. Had to waste my afternoon today doin a shaggin irish exam which i couldnt give a poodle sh!t about when i could have been at home studying for the exams i actually care about!! WHY oh WHY do we (those of us still in secondary school) have to learn a stupid obscure dialect spoken by barely 5,000 people!!. I know this isnt anything to do with Quake n stuff but ya have to find somewhere to let off steam.

Erm.. foreign chicks dig guys who can speak Irish?

Teeth.
    (can't think of anything else, apart from the usual
    preserving-our-culture stuff)

: Teeth.
    : (can't think of anything else, apart from the usual
    : preserving-our-culture stuff)

How about it get's you +10% of your actual exam score if you sit an exam for a goverment job in Irish.

Oh wait you wanted positive comments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

: sick. Godammit!!!. Had to waste my afternoon today doin a shaggin irish exam which i couldnt give a poodle sh!t about when i could have been at home studying for the exams i actually care about!! WHY oh WHY do we (those of us still in secondary school) have to learn a stupid obscure dialect spoken by barely 5,000 people!!. I know this isnt anything to do with Quake n stuff but ya have to find somewhere to let off steam.

Here's the best reason I've come up with:

When you're sitting on the bus or the train and some particularly clever bunch
    wise a$$ gooks (French, Spanish etc) start slagging the sh!te out of you in
    their own language (which you dont't know), and start laughing at you,
    you can have a good laugh back at them and slag the sh!te out of 'em in
    Irish, which really surprises them.

This moment (which will inevitably happen in all our lives at some stage,
    and has happened to me) is well worth the years and years of torture ...

... nearly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Helvis

Cos its good for ya!!!
    Listen, I went to an all Irish school and had to speak Irish every day and do my exams thro` Irish.
    So stop whinging, ya little uncultured shyte.
    Helv.

Did you know that the biggest group of Irish speakers
    outside of Ireland is the Isralie army? They use it
    like the U.S. used Navaho in WWII

• Advertisement
Advertisement