Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Download stops thru router

Options
  • 07-05-2003 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

This post is a toss up between the Broadband and Network forums, so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I have a DSL connection to Eircom and am routing it through ethernet D-Link broadband modem to Airstream router. Its working fairly okay, but is not as reliable as I had hoped. I think the main problem is with the router. When connected directly from PC to modem all downloads complete without a problem. When connected though the router, downloads consistently stop after anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds. When I look at the log in the router at the time of the stop, it says something like:

Lease of 159.134.100.131 obtained, lease time 60
    Moreton Bay DHCP Server (v0.9.5) started

No idea what this means, but my internet connection is still up. It just wont finish a download through the router.

The WAN is set up tp "Auto IP assignment from DHCP server". I'm using DHCP in my LAN settings.

Any ideas help or clues would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Martin

Advertisement