Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to add a second decoder?

• 07-05-2003 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I've read the hassle with the bbc card and the new sky card. I'm thinking of activating my new sky card in its own decoder.

Any ideas how to do this?
    Do I need a second dish?
    Where can I buy another decoder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Buy a Digibox from Ebay, Sky, your local TV dealer...

You can use a 2nd dish, if you have one, otherwise a Dual or QUad output LNB on the dish arm and two separate coax cables back to digibox.

I'll not bore you with reason why you can't "split" a satellite cable like a TV aerial cable. You can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

I've connected my digibox into my old cable system that links 2 other TVs in the house, will I be able to merge output from 2 digiboxes into one coaxial for these 2 tvs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

yes, i would think so

just make sure that the RF output channel is different

eg. Digibox 1 outputs on CH69
    and Digiboc 2 outputs on CH60

(also make sure that these are not the same output channel as your vcr or playstation etc. or any of your analogue channels)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Aerial into 1st Digibox

short cable from RF1 out to 2nd Digibox RF in, then via VHS RF in /out then feed all TVs via splitter or distribution amp.

By default digibox is ch68

Go Services 4 0 1 select for install menu to change RF output channels different on each box and aviod local Aerial / VHS channels too.

If a TV channel or VHS output has wavy line change the Digibox(es) channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

I heard you can get a dual viewing card decoder. I wonder if upgrading the sky card still would knock out an old bbc card in one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by FinoBlad
    I heard you can get a dual viewing card decoder. I wonder if upgrading the sky card still would knock out an old bbc card in one of them.
    good point,:confused: I am not sure

Advertisement