Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday Formula 1 coverage on any FTV/FTA?

• 07-05-2003 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

ITV/RTE show the saturday and sunday coverage. Some channels do show friday coverage and I think even some for thursday.

I've searched the net but cant find what ones. Does anybody know what channels and what hardware needed to view?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by FinoBlad
    ITV/RTE show the saturday and sunday coverage. Some channels do show friday coverage and I think even some for thursday.

ITV1 show the Friday coverage - but apart from Australia, it has not been live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

I meant live.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[Edit#2 ] I am mistaken there is [not] an F1 subscrioption channel on satellite.

F1 has a very strong terresterial emphasis let's face it - SKY / Channel Plus etc. would outbid ITV / BBC otherwise if they were allowed - (F1 is a markteing business first and car racing second - they want as many to see it as possible) - so they are not going to let you see it on sat unencrypted IMHO

Search the forums/web - ZDF got hammered for not encrypting F1 on satellite recently

[Edit]
    Just had it confirmed - RAI / Italia Uno usually have a program live at that time - but it is encrypted on satellite (Black screen on digital) - never found out how to get a decoder 'cos can see F1 on RTE and RAI encryption on Analog is very basic - the line sync pulse has three settings (ie picture "ghosts an inch either side of normal") and audio is clear (but in Italian of course) - so you can get the RTE picture with Italian commentry for the actual event and saturday stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Unless I am mistaken there is an "F1 Digita"l subscription channel on satellite - so why give it FTA ?

That channel no longer exists. It was removed by F1 management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Although F1Digital no longer exists you can still pay for PPV coverage via Premiere for uninterrupted coverage & all weekend coverage.

Your best bet is to watch feed groups, but 16E has been pretty hot for F1 feeds the last 3 races and 7E figured in the first 2 GP's [4:2:2 though].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Some channels do show friday coverage and I think even some for thursday.

What exactly would you be watching on the Thursday? an empty track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Not sure about all of the races but in Australia there is a lot more happening on the track other than the Formula 1. Each year they have a celebrity challenge race, V8 races, Lamboughini races, etc. It would be excellent if they televised the whole thing. It would definately be worth €20.

However, I don't think they show anything other than the F1 bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i think monaco also hosts formula 3 (or is it Forumla 3000?) on the same weekend as f1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nearly all the European F1 races on a Sunday have a Formula 3000 race on the Saturday. And that is on Eurosport, live.

Advertisement