Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"The Cog" The New Honda Accord Ad.

Options
  • 07-05-2003 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

The £750,000 two minute ad - called Cog - took eight men nearly five months to prepare.

The final shoot lasted four days and nights and ran to an incredible 606 takes until the makers were satisfied that everything was perfect.

Even if one item was just a sixteenth of an inch off, a take would be ruined.

A Honda spokesman said: "Filming it was a real pain. But we believe the results are outstanding and something very different.

"The Cog" (New Honda Accord Ad)

Came across this clip last night and thought it was cool... worth having a look at it anyway..

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Why they've split it into sections for TV, I'll never know.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I was stunned by the full length ad, absolutely marvelous:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Bigalow

sheer genius

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Entertaining ad imo, but somehow I don't think it would make me run out and buy an accord. Well done to them for their effort though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

606 takes .. Bet they were well chuffed to get it right ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Why they've split it into sections for TV, I'll never know.

Luc
    The only time I've seen the entire thing was during an F1 race, when it took up a full ad break.

Advertisement