Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you thinking of going to Evian?

Options
  • 07-05-2003 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

apologies if this is in breach of the politics board guidelines but i read the post and saw that the guidelines havent been completed yet. i'm not a regular reader or poster so i'm not sure of the etiquette. so i hope announcing this isnt in breach. cheers!

Are you thinking of going to the anti G8 protests in Evian, France at the start of June?

We are a group of non-aligned, autonomous activists who are thinking of going along. We're having informal discussions/chats in Conways Pub in Dublin (on Parnell Street, walk to the north end of O'Connell Street and go west, its across from the Rotunda Hospital) every Wednesday in May at 8pm. That's the 7th, 14th, 21st, and maybe the 28th. The first chat is tonight at 8pm.

What are we going to talk about? That will be up to the group! Anything & everything is up for discussion. Why are we going, what will we do when we get there, what method of protest people would prefer to use, why are we going independently of other groups or political parties, and our experiences on previous large scale demonstrations. There will be no 'leaders' or speakers at these chats, everyone will be encouraged to participate equally and fairly.

So again, the first discussion is on tonight in Conways at 8pm. I think we'll just be sitting in the pub downstairs, so I suppose the best way to see us is to keep an eye out for a table with a piece of paper with "Evian" on it!

For more information contact thegoodbus@yahoo.co.uk

Advertisement