Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blemishes/Spots/red etc help

• 07-05-2003 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Right, i want to find some way of getting rid of the blemish redness that spots leave. I dont get that many actual pimples as such but the red marks after them stay for ages! I exfoliate and wash with good stuff but they still hang around. anyone got any tips for getting rid of the red marks quicker??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I know this sounds weird but massage.
    Use a good scrub, fairly abraisive a good one is Saint Ives apricot scrub, you'll get it in boots in stephen's green and it comes in an orangey type tube for about 10 Euro. Buy some vitamin E cream and masage your skin while you watch tele for about 10-15 mins before you go to bed.This will increase blood flow into the capillaries in your skin and encourage the underlying skin to grow. Also Nature's way has a good range of natural remedies for blemishes that work, Arnica is sometimes used for bruising but can also be taken for blemishes either way go in and have a look round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I find Aloe Vera gel reduces redness pretty much anywhere. I had a few red marks under my eye for a while last year and Aloe Vera'd it away in no time.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

ask your pharimist for sulphur it helps clean your blood....or alternatively look around in health shops for this stuff called udo's choice, ive just started taking it for the same reason and can't really tell you if it works or not. It'll be another month before i know if it works, but i was told it works wonders. Also start on a good course of vitamins like pharamaton etc. I've had mine now with the past few years and since im workin at the mo ive decided to do sth about them.....best of luck...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by mooman_00
    called udo's choice,

you usign the oil or tablets or what ? tell me how the results go plz ? :)

im taking the tablets.....my pharmasist said to take 9 a day for the first two weeks....did you see the size of them? I comprimised by taking 6 a day.....i was told the oil is horrible no matter what food you mix it with......anyway ill let you know......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't aggravate your skin. Drink lots of water. Try swimming, the warm water and chlorine will clean out your skin. Savlon cream contains a growth promoter that heals things about twice as fast as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by mooman_00
    ...my pharmasist said to take 9 a day for the first two weeks...
    Feck! I'm no expert but I reckon that quantity of any single tablet a day is a bit extreme (especially for something like mild skin probs) (and isn't sulphur toxic?, mooman, you didn't upset your pharmacist at any stage, did ya?)

Sudo-creme helps soothe redness.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by bombidol
    Right, i want to find some way of getting rid of the blemish redness that spots leave. I dont get that many actual pimples as such but the red marks after them stay for ages! I exfoliate and wash with good stuff but they still hang around. anyone got any tips for getting rid of the red marks quicker??

thanks

for some ppl those washes like clerosol can actually Cause spots, they dont work for everyone, meself and my sister have this problem, stopped using the stuff, and just washed with soap and water, now i dont really get em unless i go on a sugar binge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

My sister's a greaser, which makes her prone to spots...

Drink lots and lots of water.
    And then drink more water.
    Wash your face regularily, and don't let it get greasy.
    Cut down on greasy food for a while and see if that has an effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

If you feel it's slow healing that causes the problem, lavender oil aids healing greatly. Don't put it on neat though-mix it with some of your moisturiser. Try and get pure oil too...... most of them are watered down with grapeseed oil etc. -check the wording carefully on the label.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

thanks

Yo dude, you might be getting these redish patches cuz you are either fiddling, popping or picking at the spots. Don't do that, and you shouldn't get these marks. Unless these spots are the large and nasty types? In which case, I recommend moisturisers, E45 is good.

Originally posted by oneweb
    Feck! I'm no expert but I reckon that quantity of any single tablet a day is a bit extreme (especially for something like mild skin probs) (and isn't sulphur toxic?, mooman, you didn't upset your pharmacist at any stage, did ya?)

Sudo-creme helps soothe redness.

sulphur is toxic yes, nicotine is poisioness etc. Lots of things are lethal if taken in the wrong way/amount.

it says on the bottle to take 2-3 3 times daily( i read it wrong the first time and was also thinkin along the lines of maybe my pharamist was nutty) and sinse its a combination of oils i think its safe.

its only been two weeks and unless its a big coincidence(spelling) the udo's choice seems to be workin wonders....however its only been 2 weeks so ill wont claim its a miricale(spelling) cure, its done more in two weeks than a year of clnymicin(spelling) did......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

moonman where did you get this udo's choice. My doctor has had me on clinimyecin for 6 months with no results. Then he moved me to erythromyecin. No results there either. In fact i think my skin has gotten worse since.

in a chemists near where i stay, but it'll prob be easier for you to get it in a health shop.....its not a miricale though i was recently talking to someone whos used it for a few months now and he found that it didn't work at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Dude, post up the exact name of the stuff you are taking, Udo's choice make loads of stuff. How much was it too?

gar

sorry man i thought that was the name, youll have to give me till tonite or maybe tomorrow to get the full name, and it was 21e for 90 capsules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

To decrease the redness and the scarring I really recommend Bio-Oil. You can get it in a chemist, its about €14 a bottle. I thought it would cause a breakout, because it was so oily, but not so, and I notice a vast improvement on my acne scarring. I was on so many different medications for acne, Zineryt, Minicin. I drank 8 pints of water, took vitamins till I glowed in the dark. Nothing worked. Then I changed doctor, he thought that this situation was stressing me out, and making me depressed, he perscribed me anti-depressents for 3 months, my skin had cleared up after a month and a half. So it isn't always the most obvious conditions that cause it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok i picked up some vitamin b5 today. The tablets are 350mg so am gonna take about 3 a day. See if they make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I take multivitamins every day and drink loads of water, Eat vegtables ( im a vegetarian) and Fruit every day but they just wont go away. Now dont get me wrong im not breaking out mad style, the biggest problem is that the red marks stick around for ages. Im 22 and reckon im getting a little long in the tooth for this pimple lark. Ill try anything for a while to see if it fecks off. Im seeing a new girl too so this is a slight embarassment

the biggest problem is that the red marks stick around for ages.

may be its just my pharmisist who seems to be good but try asking yours about treatment thats not perscribed for this. Mine suggested arnicia for back injury, but it also helps heal brusing quickly. I dunno if that'll help with scaring but there is something else she mentioned that sounded like it'll do the trick, cant remember tho, if your pharmisist is no good go to a health shop.

Im 22 and reckon im getting a little long in the tooth for this pimple lark. Ill try anything for a while to see if it fecks off. Im seeing a new girl too so this is a slight embarassment

im 20 and in the same boat, first time with new girlfriend is embarassing as is wearing shorts and all other pants off in public moments......

full name of it is omegas choice ultimate oil blend, omega 3, 6 & 9 btw and best of luck...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nopreviousowner

Zinc tablets are good for some people but can cause stomach pains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Captain Planet

In terms of moisturisers, Imperialis from Lush (grafton st) is really good for improving skin quality, contains lavender and all that malarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shyguy81

Whats the easiest home remedy to get rid of them, I would look a bit "strange" walking into a shop buying a packet of ponds, i squeezed them once but it bled like a stuck pig, any suggestions?? my face is gone like = :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirl

Originally posted by shyguy81
    Whats the easiest home remedy to get rid of them, I would look a bit "strange" walking into a shop buying a packet of ponds, i squeezed them once but it bled like a stuck pig, any suggestions?? my face is gone like = :ninja:

"Handle with care" You can scar your face so easily so you cant go digging your blackheads out. Should try to open your pours up by either holding your facs over a basin of V.hot water with a cloth over the back of youe head to keep the steem in or if you dont have time for all that get a face cloth soaked in V.hot water and hold in onto yoor skin for a few mins. (carefull you dont scald yourself) Once the pours are open they pop easier.
    Dont expect to get them all out at once. They are all at different stages, the ones that have been there for longer will pop easier, the newer ones might not be ready to pop so leave them a day or two and try again.
    I saw the bodyshop selling a gadget about 2 years ago for blackhead removal! Dont know if they still have them or if it even works but might be worth having a look.

Cant stress enough, TAKE IT EASY, if your bleed, your being too rough and you WILL leave scars

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Two pence more and don't spare the donkey

I like it !

Advertisement