Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!...Physics predictions 2003

Options
  • 07-05-2003 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Any predictions for this years Physics Paper?
    I did **** in the mock and really need some help.

What experiments are most likely in Section A?

What topics are most likely in Section B in the Mechanics
    Question?

What derivations are most likely to come up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well since it is the Second year of a new coarse concentrate on waht didnt come up last year.

I assume a light exp. will come up in Section A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Originally posted by Sangre
    Well since it is the Second year of a new coarse concentrate on waht didnt come up last year.

that's about all of the advice that can be offered..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I also have a feeling a light experiment will come up in section A, since there was nothing of it last time and theres 4 of them.

I'd pay partilar attention to the refractive index of a liquid expierment, since the rest are jokingly easy :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

They're all jokingly easy though Dave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

relativly :)

In fairness physics is really easy but theres just so damm much of it that it becomes harder :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by Sangre
    Well since it is the Second year of a new coarse concentrate on waht didnt come up last year...

Speaking as a Physics teacher, that is not a very wise course to take. When the LC Physics paper is made out, the inspectorate do not consider what was asked the previous year so that they won't repeat themselves (and I have this from an Inspector!)

Mike

Hence the word 'concentrate', study everything but in the days before the exam I think you should put a bit more time into what didnt come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

Jaysus , i HATE physics ... i think its much harder that hons math ... a lot more ****e involved. if i get a C in this subject i will be happy. DAMN U PHYSICS!! i wish i did geography , physics is such a load of crap! DAMN U!!!!

God I think Geography is much worse if you want a good grade....DAMN U GEOGERZ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I'd say electromagnetism is likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Section A:
    Snell's Law/wavelength of monochramatic light
    P.d. across a resistor (probably an electrolyte but learn the other 3 or 4 aswell)
    Law of Conservation of Momentum
    Pendulum Bob in SHM to measure acceleration due to gravity.

There are my tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

to be honest i would say that one of those easy exp's involving pushing a truck down a little slope are extremely likely and probably an exp on mirrors/lens' ..... and the most probable light question would be monocromatic light ....

Advertisement