Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RUV from Iceland on Astra 2D ?

• 07-05-2003 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe worth a look,

Lyngsat say that at Transponder 42, 10729 V, you may be able to see some broadcasts from the state broadcaster in Iceland, RUV.

Can anyone see them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I just happened upon them by accident today (was looking for BBC)

RUV and another one can't remember the name were showing the same thing some food thing ?
    Hovever not in english though

By the way they are unencrypted

the other one was NLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I'm just getting 'there is a technical fault with channel...' is anyone else getting this mesage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm getting NLC and RUV, both apparently "tests" on the PC Card, FTA, no encryption. Good signal but rotten picture quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

A lot of the American shows on these channels are subtitled with English audio which is great. It means we can actually derive some entertainment from these channels.
    Good one DMC:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I was watching them fine last night - one of the channels was showing Cold Feet in English with Icelandic subtitles. The picture quality was average, but the sound was terrible - very loud and distorted.

Sound fine on my PC. Checked 19E version and the 28E versions.
    Now if GypsyMedia will add NLC /RUV to their Digiguide...
    I suppose after the elections it will leave the satellites again.

Just checked again and I'm receiving 'no satellite signal begin received' I have no problems with other 2d channels. Could the dish be slightly misaligned?

You are putting
    Vertical
    22,000 SR ****
    5/6 FEC ****

Arn't you?
    (At least I assume thats the FEC)
    Fine on PC. If RTE is OK then dish OK

Yes Watty I'm putting the right no.in and have save the channels in other channels. Its when I go to look at them that this message appears after sometime. This occurs on both boxes though they feed from a quad lnb. Any ideas? As I said before all other channels are fine.

• Advertisement

I'll check mine again later - but the audio was defo very bad for me last night on a digibox, and the picture looked quite blocky (just like a shopping channel or something!).

All other channels on 2D are perfect for me.

I'll stick it in on my two digiboxes also tonight. They use separte dishes and LNB.

(I have three separate dishes/LNB picking up Sky as this was much cheaper than buying a Quad! Two of the dishs do Astra 19 and Hotbirds 13 too)

Originally posted by jabarrett35
    Yes Watty I'm putting the right no.in and have save the channels in other channels. Its when I go to look at them that this message appears after sometime. This occurs on both boxes though they feed from a quad lnb. Any ideas? As I said before all other channels are fine.

That happens to me sometimes also I just try 3 or 4 times and then it usually works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CHRIS GREER

Apparently it's all to do with the Icelandic General Election on Friday, but it isn't known yet if the channels will stay on after the elections.

Island received OK on my aged Grundig S/H Digibox..
    (Folks is watching the other one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

do these channels show any sport and if so do you know what timne they show them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i keep getting a no signal message :confused:

Tip1 :
    Go Services 4 0 1 Select to Installer Menu
    Pick Manual Tuning
    The difference to a"Add Channels" is that you see signal strengh bar graph after pressing select
    It stays up till you press select again. Then you can add the selected channels withy the yellow button and they appear in "Other Channels"

Tip 2:
    Although ther are 50 "slots" for other channels it tends to "break" if you add more than 20..

The channels were much better quality last night (video and audio appeared fine).

watty I've just done what you suggested and the strengh is fine but no quality. Should I do anything or if I start moving the dish will I muck up the other signals?

• Advertisement

No the installer Add Channels thingy rarely shows quality. Sometimes if you leave it up a while it does.

It is handy though esp. if you adding channels on another satellite via LNB switch etc.

I find that my two boxes if swaped have completely different concepts of "level"

If an old Grundig, then 1/3rd = 1/2 on newer pace (Both will give about 80% quality at that level).

If I carefully tweek the SKy 28.2 LNB on a bracket on a a 19.2E dish I can get 100% level. But it never stays at that :D

I'm now at my sisters hous sitting and have been able to tune the channels in. Well as it appears they are not broadcasting english lauagage programmes don't think i'll bother to ajust my dish.

Currently they are gone on Astra2D/28.2 (Sky) and astra 19E.

These NLC and RUV are not on all the time. They where gone today but now back again.

Could account for somefolks problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

They were both working fine for me yesterday evening at around six. There was a documentary half in English on at that time. Tried teletext on one of the channels but there was none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Looks like they have pulled the plug. Not even a carrier now.:(

Advertisement