Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 3

Options
  • 07-05-2003 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

First of all, hi . Now that that's out of the way, I'm wondering what your opinions are on Jedi Knight 3. I recently read a preview of it in a PC magazine, and the 'in-progress' shots look very good indeed. Afaik, you can create your own character at the beginning, as well as a custom lightsabre handle. But by far the coolest aspect is the ability to learn new lightsabre styles- from the basic lightsabre, to using twin lightsabres like Anakin in episode 2, or the double-ended lightsabre just like Darth Maul-How cool is that!:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

welcome, and can i be the first to say SEARCH THE DAMN FORUM!

only joking.
    the game looks deadly (shame they're still using the same engine tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Looks bloody sweet, I for one will be using two single light sabres, far cooler than one double if ye ask me. The graphics look much more impressive, but for the same engine it might not look that overly impressive in game (the screenshots of JK2 looks lovely, but when you played it they werent superb).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by tman
    welcome, and can i be the first to say SEARCH THE DAMN FORUM!

only joking.
    the game looks deadly (shame they're still using the same engine tho)

I thought they were using the New Unreal engine?

Yes it looks awesome.

I really like the idea that you can choose your path (light or dark) and choose your missions based on the side of the force your on.

Plus the ability to increase your force powers as you choose.

Very cool.

they're using a fairly modified version of the old engine (quake 3)
    they've added the terrain system from sof2 & updated a few things (like the scripting)

really looking forward to this now

the old thread...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think that ravens games since Hexen have just been bad copies of better fps and that goes for JK2. I'm not looking forward to it. And I wouldn't believe a PCGamer review of it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sigard

The thing is, it's all about the lightsabre fights. I remember in JK2, as soon as I got the lightsabre, just about every other weapon became meaningless. Anyone who bought the game looking for a fps would have been greatly dissappointed, it's a game that has the greatest appeal for fans. I mean fighting along Luke Skywalker was a favourite bit for me.

i know what you mean, i consider it to be more of a third person game than a first person.
    i think the only weapons i used once i had the saber were the tripmines & the sniper rifle (whatever that was called)
    And I wouldn't believe a PCGamer review of it either.
    i havn't believed a word they said since giving sof2 the game of the month award

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Wow a JK3 thread! I remember when that was news :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought JK1 and the superb dark forces were leagues ahead of JK2 even though the lightsabre battles were better. The battles in JK2 came down to button bashing with no skill involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Wow Venom trolling a thread I remember when that was something new! Leave it out!

Adman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

button bashing aside, i cant wait to play dark forces 4: jedi knight 3: jedi outcast 2: wahtever :)

As long as there aren't any shadowtroopers in it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by tman
    The thing is, it's all about the lightsabre fights. I remember in JK2, as soon as I got the lightsabre, just about every other weapon became meaningless
    I found that the flak cannon (whatever its called) was still great, lightsabre cant stop it at all more or less, can beat any jedi with it easy enough usually, just gotta be careful to stay jusst out of sabre range.

nice tip, especially if you're running low on health. but it'll never match the satisfaction of getting a slow motion kill while doing the twisty jump over their head (even if it is purely a fluke:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Dual lightsabres.

nmmm nmmm nmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

as sigard said it was all about the lightsabre fights. after i got it i'd just use the sniper and mines/bombs. Actually i think i might have just used the sabre mostly with force powers. My favourite was the choke and then jumping well over them and force pulling them well into the air so they just fly up and slap back into the ground. Jk3 looks pretty good and i'm fairly looking forward to it

Advertisement