Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Q2 for Von). A request for the ALL Q2 servers.

Options
  • 03-06-1998 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Would it be possible to set all the servers (bar CTF) to cycle through every level!

All the players are sheep, and play whatever level cycles through. However the DM levels over and over and over and over again is getting tiresome, and getting the majority to vote on any level is tiresome.

So please for the love all that's holy widen the Random Cycle band PLEASE!!!!

Hobbes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Hi,

: Would it be possible to set all the servers (bar CTF) to cycle through every level!

: All the players are sheep, and play whatever level cycles through. However the DM levels over and over and over and over again is getting tiresome, and getting the majority to vote on any level is tiresome.

: So please for the love all that's holy widen the Random Cycle band PLEASE!!!!

: Hobbes.

Write out a list of levels (including standard
    id levels) to cycle through and we'll see if
    we can come to some sort of consensus.

--

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

: Write out a list of levels (including standard
    : id levels) to cycle through and we'll see if
    : we can come to some sort of consensus.

I was thinking all of them (bar 64 player maps). Look at this way. People who want to only DM levels can use the voting option, and those of us who would prefer to have a broader range on levels to play on can just sit through the cycle.

I can't see a problem with this, most people just follow the Servers levels, those that are totally against this just have to vote when thier on.

If I have to see the Deathmatch levels one more time I'll scream! :) (Being forced to play S/W levels on IOL over and over has scarred me for life).

Hobbes.
    Ps. Thanks whatever it is you do Cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

: I was thinking all of them (bar 64 player maps). Look at this way. People who want to only DM levels can use the voting option, and those of us who would prefer to have a broader range on levels to play on can just sit through the cycle.
    : I can't see a problem with this, most people just follow the Servers levels, those that are totally against this just have to vote when thier on.

Okay so we have 47 levels being cycled through
    randomly on q2ffa1.quake.ie, that includes the
    q2dmx levels and does not include match1.

I have added match1 to both the random cycling
    levels on q2duel1.quake.ie, and also to the
    voting option.

Cloud.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: : Write out a list of levels (including standard
    : : id levels) to cycle through and we'll see if
    : : we can come to some sort of consensus.

: I was thinking all of them (bar 64 player maps). Look at this way. People who want to only DM levels can use the voting option, and those of us who would prefer to have a broader range on levels to play on can just sit through the cycle.

: I can't see a problem with this, most people just follow the Servers levels, those that are totally against this just have to vote when thier on.

: If I have to see the Deathmatch levels one more time I'll scream! :) (Being forced to play S/W levels on IOL over and over has scarred me for life).

Surely there is a 'top ten list of Q2 DM levels' page out there somewhere?
    A lot of the single player levels are naff for DM (biggun being one I especially hate).

What about getting in a bunch of new dedicated DM levels? (They'll be a p!sser to DL,
    but I think it'll be worth it.. :)

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

: Surely there is a 'top ten list of Q2 DM levels' page out there somewhere?
    : A lot of the single player levels are naff for DM (biggun being one I especially hate).

Well if you's don't like the level when you get to it, then just vote in a new level.

: What about getting in a bunch of new dedicated DM levels? (They'll be a p!sser to DL,
    : but I think it'll be worth it.. :)

Check out the link below :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement