Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Routers with ADSL modem built in

Options
  • 07-05-2003 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any advice on using Wireless routers with Eircoms DSL package.

Or If anyone else has any possible purchases options please post them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

I bought the Netgear DG824m Wireless router/ADSL modem.

Haven't got ADSL switched on yet (hiya Eircom)
    soon as I get it i'll post details what the ADSL connection is like.

However I would recommend this prod. Its full of features, plus the wireless reception is better then most of the other wireless routers I've used/tested (SMC, Cisco buffalo etc)

All in all a very nice powerfull box.

Got it off DCB Group in bray bout €270+vat

Although I hear IT Direct on Parliament Street (Dublin) is a bit cheaper.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

I bought a vigor 2600W from bandwidth.ie . It has everything, ADSL/ISDN Modem, 4 port switch, wireless base station, router. All can be controlled via a web interface or telnet.

very nice piece of hardware. was a bit pricey though! 411 Euro Inc Vat. Wasnt able to buy it anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Linksys Wireless Ready ADSL Modem Gateway w/4-Port Switch with Wireless PCMCIA Card

€177 from amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008XYIT/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/202-9966879-1630228

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

I also bought the Netgear DG824m Wireless router/ADSL modem.

Got it working on eircom i-stream starter - took no more than 15 minutes.

Got it from www.everymancomputers.com for €229+delivery (€12)+vat and they threw in a wireless pcmcia adapter free which was very decent I thought.

Ask for Simon if you decide to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Just get one of the Buffalo ones from VBnets (www.vbnets.com).

E.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rapidude

I'd go with the buffalo too.

Class looking kit, and pi55 easy to configure.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Martin_Gleeson

I didn't think the Buffalo Airstations have Router/DSL modem's combined. I'm using the WG-54 Airstation with a D-Link modem. The modem is great, but the router is giving problems. Keeps stopping in the middle of downloads. Looks like its acquiring another lease when it shouldn't be. I don't know, I new to all this. How're you doing with your Buffalo's?

Advertisement