Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

short term insurance quote

Options
  • 07-05-2003 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Heres the deal ->

I will be 25 on 3rd June this year. My insurance is up on the 10th May. Quinn Direct sent me out a renewal price of 2945.60 TPF&T for my 1.2 Clio. If I was to wait until I was 25 this would drop to 2013.46 with Quinn Direct. I have an even better quote off 123.ie for 1773.53 when Im 25.

So does anyone know where I could get insured for the next 3 weeks or so? Ive tried a few places but they all said they will only do a year.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I dunno, but I'd say get the bus for 3 weeks if you are looking at saving 700 euros or so.

Edit: sorry, almost 1200 euros! Christ. Basically they are saying the day before your birthday, your a 3 grand risk. and the *very next day* you are a 1700 quid risk. What blatant arrogance by insurance corps.

Sorry it doesn't help.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

On this subject, anyone know if it's possible to be insured as a named driver on a car for very short periods of time like say a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Yes,

it's possible. I used do it all the time when I'd come home for long weekends and stuff. and get put on the parents insurance.

but I think that it's not guaranteed to be allowed, i think that was through the good ole friendly fbd.....

John

Advertisement