Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Issues my A*se

• 07-05-2003 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭

I just want to register my annoyance at what this board has become recently. I was under the impression that this board was for Personal Issues but lately it seems to have turned into a Sex board. Just look at some of the recent threads - anal sex, does size matter, male multiple orgasms, keeping going, what to call your penis, spanking, condom size etc. etc. FFS these are *not* Personal Issues.

I'm also inclined to believe that many of the people posting about sex are just immature teenage virgins sitting at home and thinking it'd be cool to brag about imaginary sexual experiences. A bit sad isn't it? This forum seems to be turning into a clone of the After Hours forum where every second thread is some stupid sex poll.

Surely I can't be the only one here who feels like this? And I will be interested to hear what the Mods have to say in response to this criticism.

BrianD3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by BrianD3
    Just look at some of the recent threads - anal sex, does size matter, male multiple orgasms, keeping going, what to call your penis, spanking, condom size etc. etc. FFS these are *not* Personal Issues.
    Some are some aren't, although I suspect the "what to call your penis" theread could belong in After Hours if Monty would allow it.
    I'm also inclined to believe that many of the people posting about sex are just immature teenage virgins
    Weren't we all like this once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the issueof Sex , sexuality and interpersonal sexual realtionships
    are all psersonal issues while some of the threads may been seen as just there to titalte some and anoy others this is one of the few place poeple will ask embarrasing question or try and check that they are not as being a freak as they think.

How are you going to do thses thing wiht > you mohter ? family ? friends who know as little as you do ? who would never let you forget you rasied the topic at all ?

Most people just do not talk about these things of all and as a frame of reference posting here is not that bad if you let ur commons sense rule and ignore silly comments.
    And at the end of the Day if one person feel better for having shared, got a good bit of advice ( even if it is get to the damned doctour ), or knows that the way they live thier life is not as outside the norm as they think then PI has done it's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The only problem with it is if it constrains the fact that other (more what you may consider a PI) posts are to be posted. I don't think they do yet, but am open to argument.

You have to realise that a large proportion of posters here on boards are quite young. It could be to do with demand and supply if you want to make a marketing meal out of it.

To be honest BrianD3, I don't recall seeing any "reported posts" from you. In fact I have had very very few posts (2 tonight mind /me looks up at Vic!). I thoroughly recommend anyone with a problem on PI to "report this post". How are the mods to know what others think of the problems otherwise? Oh yeah, unless we are pm'd of course. You could have pm'd this also. In fact this isn't a very constructive post I must add, you didnt give any way of improving the matter afais.

Oh and the reason I didn't pass the "what do you call it" thread is because I didn't want ecksor to get banned from Afterhours :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I’m not sure I understand why you are complaining, if the thread is not interesting to you, don’t read it, it’s not compulsory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Gordon

In fact I have had very very few posts (2 tonight mind /me looks up at Vic!).

Is Vicky picking on me again?! I though he was over that phase!

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I’m not sure I understand why you are complaining, if the thread is not interesting to you, don’t read it, it’s not compulsory

heh i totally agree....if you see a thread name d " why i named my willy billy" just dont open it plain and simple... why does it anoy you so ? this is the closest thing baords has to a sex forum and it can be quite interesting funny !

go shout at a wall or somthing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If the mods deem a thread or post inappropriate, they'll move or delete it. Seems simple enough to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah...what eveyrone else said ^

'it really hurts when i hit my head off the wall'
    'then don't do it!!'

(or some other crap metaphor)

jesus

a sex board

i'd never leave.

ah tbh, if you had one of those you'd probably need about 20,000,000 mods checking it 24/7....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

This forum seems to be turning into a clone of the After Hours forum where every second thread is some stupid sex poll.

It's pretty amazing how... with your 23 posts you can be so put out with the size and shape of the forum (no pun) and yet, posters with 1000, 2000, 3000 and all the way up to 7000 posts don't seem to really be bothered at all.

Perhaps, you're an uptight newbie.

Welcome to the interweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Typedef
    It's pretty amazing how... with your 23 posts you can be so put out with the size and shape of the forum (no pun) and yet, posters with 1000, 2000, 3000 and all the way up to 7000 posts don't seem to really be bothered at all.

Welcome to the interweb.

luckily i have over 8000 posts, and therefor exempt from being annoyed.

personally ihave stopped reading PI over the past month because its actually turned from an interesting board into a boring board where people like to make other people think they have sex. i agree with the orginal poster, and the one thread that sticks out is 'questions about sex, not for the uninitiated'

i mean seriously, how far up your own arse are you to post something like that.

but again, when someone complains on a board that i moderate i tell them the same thing.
    if you dont like it, then dont read it.

if you want to only read things that you want to read about, then form your own board, but people here have different opinions, different views and different things to say. and they are fully entitled to do it if it isnt done in a derogatory way, or a way that annoys the mod of the forum :)

so again.
    if you dont want to read it, then dont read it.

and if you really get annoyed at what someone says on a bullitan board, i suspect you are far too sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Here's the reason: PI is not (or shouldn't be IMO) a "fun" forum. Just take a look at the charter which refers to issues such as depression, homelessness, cruelty to children, alcoholism, drugs, unplanned pregnancy etc. All serious stuff. Let's say someone has a serious problem maybe they're feeling depressed and suicidal and turn to PI for help. How are they going to feel if the forum is full of "Oh kewl! I stuck my 12 inch c*ck up my girlfriend's a*se!" type posts. Threads like this make the forum seem less serious and more childish. Gives a bad impression of the forum as a whole and could deter people from posting.

Or let's say someone is having problems with dating/relationships or shyness. So they come along to PI and the forum is full of people having a laugh with posts about blowing the beans in their girlfriends face, c*ck naming, multiple orgasms, how much lube to use during anal sex etc. etc.

It's OK to say just ignore the posts you don't like its different in a fun/recreational type forum, in that case go with the flow and ignore threads you don't like. But it's just in this forum i think there should be tighter control because the stupid posts give a bad impression of the whole forum which I thought was meant to be a serious support forum

No, I don't know how this problem can be solved. It's obvious that a lot of people here don't even recognise that there's a problem so maybe its just me who's out of step with the majority. In that case reporting and deleting posts wouldn't be the answer if these are the very posts that the majority want to see in PI.

Lemme get this straight - you're suggesting that my opinion doesn't count because I haven't enough posts to my name? FFS will you ever grow up. If you want to get petty, I will argue that in all probability I'm older, wiser and have had more life experience than you. So you've got 3000 more posts than me on boards.ie - good for you (Having read many of your posts it's definitely a case of quantity not quality)

BrianD3 (posting unreg cause of a prob with my account)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Stop trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yeah, grow up man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

The point about the amount of posts is that, the people that use it the most ie them not you, dont seem to mind. Therefore, because they use it more their opions mean more than yours thats all.

How do you go from insane to very rational so quickly merc ;) its so dam impressive. :D

Anyway, I would agree that the tone recently has gone down abit. However, next week it will probably be ok again. Its one of those things that you cant really do a whole pile about.

If they mod to heavily then we all cry it they mod to lighly we all cry.

• Advertisement

What im getting at is that if the posted had been all deleted then people would complain the moding is unfair and let us have freedom of speach.

However, they werent deleted and therefore some has complained that they shouldnt be there. What im saying is that it come down to the rock and the hard place.

/me grabs Mercs lucozade and runs to the hard place. :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, good point Merciewercywoowoowoo

locked. If anyone finds that PI is getting way off topic, then this is making it worse.

If anyone wants to carry this on - take it to the Admin forum or pm me or the other mods or indeed report any post you so wish.

Thanks, this has been great... lets do lunch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement