Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teachers

• 07-05-2003 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

How badly are teachers needed in the South, particularly in Dublin, can u get a post no probs or are things difficlut enough, will the goal posts move/change in the future ??

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I am under the assumption you need that teachers qualification, you get it in Drumcondra I think:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'd imagine teaching's a very secure job... there will always be a demand for teachers.. primary and secondary..
    I think you just have to have a degree in a relevant area to your teaching and a HDip.. not 100% sure on this though

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

keep an eye in the daily papers (times / indo & herald) and also the sunday indo. there are often jobs listed there but not sure if they are primary or secondary posts.
    with regard to damnyanks's post - you will need the appropriate qualification (H.Dip for secondary or the primary degree(?) from somewhere like St. Pats Drumcondra) in order to get the appropriate pay increases but schools do take on less qualified staff if they are really stuck.
    With regard to Repli's post - it may be secure but be prepared to face undisciplined kids, parents who don't believe that their kid is a waster, school boards / management who side with the parents over teachers and all the other crap that goes with the job. My wife teaches so I get to hear what goes nowadays.

Advertisement