Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit(h, Bit(h, Bit(h, Bit(h, Rant, Rant, Rant.....

Options
  • 04-06-1998 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Right I`m really p!ssed off withthe service we`re getting from Telecom Eireann and ISPs.
    Yesterday I was playing Sujoy from college on Barrysworld server and he had a ping of 16, jaesus, thats the kind of ping we get on the LAN .While some of the spectators were pinging slightly higher (40 was the highest ping I saw) I hd a ping between 250 and 300 and spiked at times to 999.
    This may have been on a UK server but we still struggle to get 150pings from aT1 connection (not sure bout that, somebody might correct me) on the quake.ie duel servers.
    Instead of spending £130 million on lowering prices, none which are going to be of much use to any of us, Telecom should be investing in improving and upgrading the current network. The ATM digital network that Esat are putting on line now will be much better.
    Rant, rant, bit(h, bit(h...blah, blah.....
    Right I think I`ve made my point.
    Helv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Helvis

BTW i`m not at liberty to divulge the final score against Sujoy so dont bother asking!
    You have to take into account that he had sound and a much better ping tho`
    Helv.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: BTW i`m not at liberty to divulge the final score against Sujoy so dont bother asking!
    : You have to take into account that he had sound and a much better ping tho`
    : Helv.

Wah!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

Let me get this straight, you were playing in college and you're complaining about telecom and ISPs?

The colleges have their own net, HEAnet. www.heanet.ie. The reason for a crap ping is that the colleges haven't got enough money/inclination to making gaming a better experience. (I wonder why)

If you check www.sujoy.com, and then the page about his setup, you'll notice the subtle reference to him playin via a dedicated line connection. From what I've seen Sujoy appears to get the lowest ping of ANYONE in the UK.

FlavorFlav

(oh, by the way, TE and the ISPs are sh^t, too expensive not enough technology, not enough bandwidth, but what do you expect)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Barrysworld offer direct dial into the server afaik hence the pings. Dammit. I thought this post would be about that Aussie chick.

: Right I`m really p!ssed off withthe service we`re getting from Telecom Eireann and ISPs.
    : Yesterday I was playing Sujoy from college on Barrysworld server and he had a ping of 16, jaesus, thats the kind of ping we get on the LAN .While some of the spectators were pinging slightly higher (40 was the highest ping I saw) I hd a ping between 250 and 300 and spiked at times to 999.
    : This may have been on a UK server but we still struggle to get 150pings from aT1 connection (not sure bout that, somebody might correct me) on the quake.ie duel servers.
    : Instead of spending £130 million on lowering prices, none which are going to be of much use to any of us, Telecom should be investing in improving and upgrading the current network. The ATM digital network that Esat are putting on line now will be much better.
    : Rant, rant, bit(h, bit(h...blah, blah.....
    : Right I think I`ve made my point.
    : Helv.

Advertisement