Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC vs n64

Options
  • 03-06-1998 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭

I was just reading an article on planetunreal about an N64 version of Unreal::.. "Unreal, the phenomenal 3D shooter currently making huge waves on PC, will never see the light of day on Nintendo 64. According to Epic MegaGames, a Nintendo 64 version of the game just isn't possible."...... So does this mean that the N64 is incapable of running a game as complex as Unreal or that there just not bothered with it?? and have we come to the stage now where the PC has gone beyond the power of games consoles ie. N64 and PlayStations ? I'd say a PIIxxx with VooDooII would knock an N64 out with its bad hand :)

SB...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

: I was just reading an article on planetunreal about an N64 version of Unreal::.. "Unreal, the phenomenal 3D shooter currently making huge waves on PC, will never see the light of day on Nintendo 64. According to Epic MegaGames, a Nintendo 64 version of the game just isn't possible."...... So does this mean that the N64 is incapable of running a game as complex as Unreal or that there just not bothered with it?? and have we come to the stage now where the PC has gone beyond the power of games consoles ie. N64 and PlayStations ? I'd say a PIIxxx with VooDooII would knock an N64 out with its bad hand :)

: SB..
    N64 cant run unreal , and i dont think you'll be seeing quake2 on it any
    time soon,
    just be glad you own a pc that can

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I was just reading an article on planetunreal about an N64 version of Unreal::.. "Unreal, the phenomenal 3D shooter currently making huge waves on PC, will never see the light of day on Nintendo 64. According to Epic MegaGames, a Nintendo 64 version of the game just isn't possible."...... So does this mean that the N64 is incapable of running a game as complex as Unreal or that there just not bothered with it?? and have we come to the stage now where the PC has gone beyond the power of games consoles ie. N64 and PlayStations ? I'd say a PIIxxx with VooDooII would knock an N64 out with its bad hand :)

The N64 is a powerful machine, it just doesn't have the storage space
    to port a game the size of Unreal or Quake2. Try making a solid-state
    cartridge that can hold 200MB and yet cost 60 quid.. not easy! :)

Still and all, the PC is the ultimate gaming platform IMHO, that said,
    a decent system costs about 10 times that of a console..

Teeth.

: SB...

I read in Bluesnews that the 64 port was cancelled.
    Don't remeber why...think it was hardware issues..

Q2 is comin out on the n64 in a couple of months
    the pc pass*d (stupid censor, grrr)
    out the consoles in terms of power
    ages ago.
    A fast pentium with a voodoo 1 card knocks the sh!te
    out of the n64
    plus the games on the n64 are all kiddie games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Radovar

Have you played Goldeneye 007? Amazing game, and
    imho packs the best 1 on 1 games ever. Still, q2s
    the only one for me. The flexibility I guess.

Mario 64 is sexy too. But I guess you think
    its too kiddie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement