Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars around Dublin

Options
  • 08-05-2003 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen that yellow Lamborghini around dublin? the engine sounds fantastic and you can spot it a mile off! fantastic.
    Or if you own it please say so! :)

Another thing. Has anyone seen that Dodge Viper wit the Californian registration? I saw it one day walking along Stephens Green.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I saw the Lambo last time I was up in Dublin (January) cruising along the quays near enough to O'Connell St. By the time I'd found my digital camera, twas gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've seen a bright orange lamborgini diablo a few times around temple bar, I think it belongs to Damon Hill, he has a fancy car rental agency somewhere in dublin,

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yeah i saw the yellow one around town allright.

I think I remeber hearing that either its or another one around Dublin is a Kit Build.?

S.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I saw the Yellow Lambo .. Went by me on the M50 . When I eventually caught up ( Toll Plaza ) was a bit upset to see that it was a KIT ...
    If yau have any spare cash head over to Des Cullen Cars , He has a 2001 Ferrari 360 F1 Spider only €249,000 ....

Ah well back to the overtime ...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yeah thought it was allright.

Any chance Des does finance on that Ferrari? :)

S.

• Advertisement

Oh if thats too rich for you .. And considering the summer is coming in the Aston Martin DB7 Volante Vantage conv will be perfect @ €220,000 ... Thats a cool €7,172.18 over 36 months, excluding payment protection. According to his site ....

Worth popping in and having a drool .. I used to when I was out on the road , every Friday there I'd be with me nose pressed up against the window .... AAAAAhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I've seen five diablos around dublin in the past two years (only one with an Irish reg iirc)... but yeah the sound is unmistakable.

There was a lovely Ferrari Dino 246 GT parked on Merrion Sq facing the National Museum today.. now theres a car to drool over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by sharkman

If yau have any spare cash head over to Des Cullen Cars , He has a 2001 Ferrari 360 F1 Spider only €249,000 ....

That's a bit steep isn't it? I know there's a three year waiting list but the list is only Stg£90,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Saw a beautiful German-regged BMW Z4 on the at the Stillrgan Park Hotel today. Must say it was v. nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I go to college on kevin st and i've seen everythin from jaguars, 1 lamborgini, porsche boxters and bmw convertibles
    [edit] the lamborgini i saw is the one in chucky's post =D [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    That's a bit steep isn't it? I know there's a three year waiting list but the list is only Stg£90,000.

Nope, change to euro then the add the extra VRT by doubling the price and adding a bit. VRT is pricey on those type of high end sports cars etc.

One of those Westlife lads has a red Ferrari 360 . The one thats going out with Berties Daughter . He used to live down the road from me in Swords .. Buetiful car , noy so beautiful daughter ..

I ask you now ,,, How the F**K doe a youngfella like that get insured in one of them ??

Oh .. If you are all feeli down over not having a flash motor , Check out these shams and see what happens to fast cars ...

Makes you feel kinda smug !

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Originally posted by Repli
    I go to college on kevin st and i've seen everythin from jaguars, 1 lamborgini, porsche boxters and bmw convertibles
    [edit] the lamborgini i saw is the one in chucky's post =D [/edit]

hey im in Kevin St too. You wouldnt expect that much nice cars round here but anyway :D

Has no-one seen that Dodge? Ive looked it up. its a "Dodge Custom Royal V8 Lancer Cab". Californian reg. its unmistakable! It takes up the whole lane like. Its as wide as a truck

Is this the one ????

no actually. the one i saw was a convertable. darker colour, like, brown i think.

who's car is that one anyway?

Its just one I found on the web ... Saw a beautiful Corvette in Swords the saturday before last .. It was exactly the same as the picture , Bonnet up and all ,, Guess what Ronan Keating had broken down ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There was someone in waterford had a Lamborghini Countach for a while.. not sure if it was the real deal or a kit car.. but it didnt sound like a kit or look like one, got a lookin inside it one day when passing it..

it had a wicklow reg.. 88 or 89 WW. didnt see it for a while next thing I saw it being towed out the road to Tramore by an Astra..

twas very funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Saw that Lambo last year in Tramore, t'was at the Max Power(or something like) show.

It was the same one that was used on the Lotto ad with the farmer driving the Lambo pulling the trailer full of sheep.

Unfortunatly it was only a kit car... still had the drawbar and all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Same place in Tramore had a notchback 65 Mustang, only a V6 though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by Chucky
    hey im in Kevin St too. You wouldnt expect that much nice cars round here but anyway :D

You'd be surprised ;) Me and some friends were sittin in the DIT restaurant havin breakfast beside the window there one day and we were just watchin cars passin by.. we counted over 10 new mercedes and BMW's.. a BMW convertible, a jaguar S type (the 4.2 one), a benteley, and later that day a porsche 911 in templebar!

Yeh its fun watching the cars go by in that restaurant isnt it. Beats the hell out of going to class. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I dont think there's anything special seeing a porsche 911 anymore, their pretty common nowadays.

N e 1 see a Focus RS ?? I've only seen one since its been released

Saw the new Street Ka ... Much nicer then those Pug 106 's ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I'm also in Kevin St, although I haven't seen any nice cars round!

My friend tried to race the orange diablo in his escourt down Leeson St! He got left WAY behind!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    My friend tried to race the orange diablo in his escourt down Leeson St!

HAHAHAAHhahah, ah man thats funny :p

I second that! very funny :)

Another question for ye all:

Have ye ever seen those guys drivin around in their mini? THere must have been about 8 guys stuffed into it. You'd catch them on a friday night...probably headin out to get pissed. Ive seen them twice now

Advertisement