Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the Stanice / CT1 etc is poor in Limerick

• 08-05-2003 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

This is the beam used for the harder to get 28.5 Eurobird
    285e_3.gif

I can see why I get 0.5dB and 40% quality compared with 11dB and 100% quality on Astra 2D channels.

Anyone else Limerick / West / SthWest / Nrth West getting the FTA channels listed here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.shtml

Esp. the lower bitrate ones not available to Digibox?

Note: Many need a not-Digibox.. I'm using a PC. One of my Digiboxes can get Stanice / CT1 (occasionally FTA) on 12607 H and the other doesn't.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Watty, Although those Czech channels use the Eurobird 28.5 Satellite, they are they are on a spot beam aimed at central Europe, so ideally you would need an 80CM dish and a sensitive LNB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I was lucky to tune it in here in waterford

Stanice O picture keeps on breaking up and there is little to no sound.Can't get CT1 at all even when unencrypted. But it doesn't really matter can't understand them anyway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is stanice o the music channel?
    i can get it in cork but it pixelates quite a lot and sound begins to jump

i was getting the same on galaxie (galaxy?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It hard to tell on the map, but Cork and limerik look like 7th ring out. Need big dish!

I'm using an 80/90 but is old (and was free) and the "sky" 28.2 LNB is "offset" the dish points at Astra19E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Strange thing this,
    i have an 80cm dish,
    on my oldest digibox, a grundig model,
    CT1 and CT2(when unencrypted) are fine and Stanice O
    breaks up.

On my newer Panasonic box, they all show fine, but Stanice O, has no sound(no matter how many times i try to re-add it, it doesnt work). But there is no break up on this box.

On my FTA box, a humax, all channels have fine picutre and sound. Even back in the day when we had Galaxie Sport, this box showed it perfectly.

I would suggest that the beam, as you have pointed out is ultra sensitive to conditions, technology and your dish in our part of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by TVDX

On my newer Panasonic box, they all show fine, but Stanice O, has no sound(no matter how many times i try to re-add it, it doesnt work). But there is no break up on this box.

Glad I'm not the only one! :rolleyes:

I also get good picture on my digibox but no sound whatsoever. Also a Panny digibox btw! :confused:

Advertisement