Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good start for Leitrim in search of sam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

I'm sure he thought it was funny at the time.

What a lunatic.

Strange how the New york Airport Police didnt see the funny side.

9/11, maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Leitrim star arrested over bomb remark

Leitrim centre back Ciaran Murray was arrested at New York’s John F Kennedy Airport earlier this week after joking to airport security that he had a bomb in his bag.

The 27-year-old from Ballinamore was brought before Queens Criminal Court and was charged with “falsely reporting an incident in the first degree.” Judge Gerald Lenore released Murray on $2,500 bail until May 20, but he confiscated his passport.

The court heard that Murray was arrested passing through a checkpoint to catch an Aer Lingus flight home after Leitrim’s 0-14 to 0-12 extra-time victory over New York in the opening round of the Connacht football championship.

Murray, who now has the threat of a five-year prison sentence hanging over him, apparently told a security guard after handing over his bag: “Check it good. There is a bomb in the bag. Don’t worry, it’s only a little bomb.”

Leitrim county board chairman Michael McGowan remarked: “I don’t know why Ciaran said this. I think it was only meant to be a casual comment. As far as I’m concerned, it was a non-event.”

****ing yanks!! I mean come on ffs its absolutely ridiculous!!:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My uncle done that once in Dublin airport. All he got was a couple of cold stares. If he was in NY I think that he could have been in a bit of bother.

Advertisement