Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And So It Begins

• 08-05-2003 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

That time of the year again where counties and their supporters start to dream of winning the Sam Maguire. The championship proper commences this weekend with the following matches taking place:

Monaghon v Armagh
    Laois v Wexford
    Wicklow v Louth
    Westmeath v Carlow

I fancy Armagh, Laois, Louth and Westmeath to win these games. Think over all I fancy Kerry to win back Sam, I think it is Paidi's last roll of the dice there. Also think Dublin will surprise people, at least a semi final appearance for them. Armagh looked great early in the league campaign but their from seems to have deteriorated since then, but maybe they will turn it back on for the championship. Anyway, what do the rest of you think ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think its a bad start to your predictions.

Whis is good cause I expect the dubs to be in the final
    actually

NArff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I got three out of four, although I would have got the Cork one wrong too. But I delighted to be wrong there. Great stuff Limerick. Now hopefully Westmeath can beat Meath on the first of june and that will be the two teams I dislike most beaten in the provinces, even if they do get back in through the back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

oh me too

I only dislike 3 counties

Meath
    Cork
    Kildare

in that order.

but there is also no love loss between me and armagh too

Don't forget galway and to a lesser extent Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Whats wrong with kildare, i wouldn't mind them winnin leinster this year, although I'm gonna go out on a limb and say

Munster: - Limerick
    Ulster: - Cavan
    Connacht: - Roscommon
    Leinster: - Westmeath

Maybe Galway and Armagh through the back door.

• Advertisement

Dublin will win Leinster this year. Westmeath have a good chance of beating Meath but will not win the provincial title. Kerry will win Munster comfortably, I know Limerick have improved but I cannot see them beating Kerry, Cork were awful against them. Tyrone will win in Ulster and the winner of this weekends match will win in Connaught, although I would like to see Sligo do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

I was goin out on a limb you know,

But i reckon that Limerick will beat Kerry, not just from the performance shown last sun, but because from the last 2 games between the two, there has been a victory for both sides with Kerry just edging out Limerick last year in a thrilling match, that Limerick should have won.

Advertisement