Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Bus - website set up!

Options
  • 08-05-2003 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

OK after the meeting last night (thanks to all who came) I've set up a very, very rough and dirty website for the Good Bus.

Go to the site at

http://www.geocities.com/thegoodbus

As you'll see its a bare bones. But **** it.

Its just going to be used primarily as a site for information with links to other places. If you have any links you think would be of use to us, then PLEASE get in touch and we will stick a link on the site.

That email address again in case you dont know it: thegoodbus@yahoo.co.uk

The site will be updated constantly in the coming weeks so keep checking back for fresh meat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

You're against Capitalism? Okay then, what are your alternatives? You have thought of alternate ways of running a global economy, haven't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    You're against Capitalism? Okay then, what are your alternatives? You have thought of alternate ways of running a global economy haven't you?
    They’re not interested in being for something - Most come from disparate groups who can’t abide each other under normal circumstances anyway. Their primary interest is to be against something and their true philosophy is more akin to one of “from each according to your abilities, to each according to my needs”. In short, they’re a bunch of middle-class thugs pretending at being revolutionaries.

As such, I feel sorry for the inhabitants of Evian who are going to be subjected to violence, who are going to have their homes and workplaces vandalized, or even those who wish to demonstrate peaceably and have their lives endangered and their protest not just overshadowed, but blotted out by the actions of such latter day football hooligans.

I honestly hope a few of them get shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    I honestly hope a few of them get shot.
    I wouldn't go that far. They'd love it too much wouldn't they? Martyrs for the "struggle" against capitalism. That's the last thing we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I hope their 'bus' breaks down somewhere in France. Then they'll have to ring home and get Daddy to wire them some money so they can catch a flight home.

"...I hate you... ...it's so unfair!" Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, I'm not going, but the attitude of some of the posters here is a bit perplexing. I mean, if all was well and rosy with the current system, I'd understand it - but when I walk twenty yards from dart station to work and manage to pass four homeless people begging on the streets, when we're looking at a series of record years for inflation, when the economy is in the toilet and sinking, and when the government know's it's so bad that they lie about it before the election....
    Well, maybe considering change isn't such a bad idea, to be brutally honest.
    I don't fancy the idea of my kids working their guts out to pay insane amounts of money for poorly-constructed houses, basic foodstuffs and clothing, or third level education, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sparks
    Well, I'm not going, but the attitude of some of the posters here is a bit perplexing.

Perplexing is a polite term for it.

I just love seeing people put aside their regular, controlled, polite methods of posting and just lump verbal deitrius and vitriol at people that they accuse of being little better than thugs.

Honestly guys....read the language you're using to protest about the protestors. Now go and look for the moral high ground....you should find it a fairly long distance from where you're currently standing.

Consider these some polite warnings to both sides.

1) This is the third or fourth "good bus" thread...all of which have effectively said the same thing. If we wanted advertising spam on boards.ie, we'd get someone to pay for the privilege.

If you are actually interested in dicussion etc. thats fine. If all you're doing is telling people where else they can go to discuss your cause, then you get exactly one post and I will delete everything else.

2) If the regular posters can't hold their emotions in check a bit better, they will discover the fallacy behind the belief that the mods here only slap or ban newbies.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

That's a fair enough comment. My initial reply was quite off the cuff and ill-conceived.

I'd hate to see Boards.ie.Politics descend to the levels of Indymedia.ie (juvenile, ill-informed ranting). And yes, I have read quite a bit of Indymedia.ie lately (I'm bored at work at the moment).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sorry uncle bonkey... I got a bit carried away... :o

Advertisement