Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing Thrilling about 'THE THRILLS'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 theboykidney

I too was in school with the gaytarist - he is a class "A" di*k and so it comes as no suprise that someone else was calling them unfriendly etc. at the turn gig - i cant speak about the rest of the band, but since the guitarist i know seems to be the spokesperson loud mouth for the band then his attitude probably rubbed off on the others. I activly promote their downfall to people i speak too because someone soooo obnoxious doesnt deserve success - as for the others - well they could be decent folk buts its their tough luck they are in with such a gimp. i am also suspicious of the front mans voice - seems kinda weak. and finally, the album is said to be monotinous with the songs all sounding the same....only time will tell if this original yet repetive sounding irish band with an annoying guitarist will keep the boat afloat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Oh no, here we go again with waaaayy more anger than is healthy for anyone :p

I personally quite like the Thrills - now, I'm not asking anyone else to like them or even respect them, but why not spend your time listening to something you like, rather than let something you don't like take up so much of your time? And surely there are bands that you'd be less imressed to see in the charts (e.g. most of the other stuff there!)

I don't know the guys personally, but I think it was cool that they went out of their way to say nice things about us recently when they clearly didn't have to (they're way beyond having to rely on us lately).

As for their message board people, I'd imagine (and hope) that, if someone made the same attack on Phantom and its board, that our community members would react in much the same way.

I guess the gist I'm getting at is - Relax! Do something that makes you happy!

P.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i dunno paul, a little anger is healthy!
    and besides everyone needs something fresh to be bitter about!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

I'm no fan of the Thrills but it shouldn't really matter what the individual members of a band are like.

I wouldn't exactly want to hang around with Thom Yorke and co. but I think Radiohead a bloody excellent.

"I thought it was about the music, man!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by Funkstard
    yes, beacause the sound of the thrills and the strokes are sooooo alike right ? and no one else has long hair in the whole entire world, no? ur making bs comparisons

Come off it! The Thrills are the most stylised band in existance - they're more contrived than fvcking Westlife. I think thats what annoys everyone about them - they're like the boyband of rock... if they didn't write their own songs they'd be Busted.

And how could anybody see them and say they're great live?.... The singer's voice is a joke live.... even the way he wraps his hand around the mic annoys me... grrr.... blood boiling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

i'm sure they're all ignorant assholes but sure what can u do , the media loves them &obviously thats more important than talent in a lotta ways. but i think every1s waking up outta the whole thrills, well, thrilling, there've been nice cutting reviews like the1 in the ticket with the irish times on thursday, twas funny. so maybe the winds of change are blowing some their way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

I'd have to agree that there is nothing thrilling about the thrills, nothing at all, but someones own opinion can never be wrong really can it,

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 **Daizy**

The Thrills - definately have to be the most over rated thing to come out of Ireland since Tayto crisps, no offence to Tayto

If the thrills can make it in the music world theres hope for anyone!!!!

Advertisement